"Overheating Smartphones Are Normal" -Samsung

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I remember overclocking my droid 1 and it getting so hot I ended up putting the phone in the freezer.

Now I can hear all the murmurs about why put it in the freezer with all that cold moisture

To answer that I just felt my droid needed to "cool off".

latest

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hold the tomatoes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
None of my Sammy models ever got too hot to where it was noticeable and made me think there was a problem. That said, I have seen countless others say otherwise over the years... But they were still considered normal operating conditions.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of my Sammy models ever got too hot to where it was noticeable and made me think there was a problem. That said, I have seen countless others say otherwise over the years... But they were still considered normal operating conditions.

S5 tap'n
If your reception is craptacular Samsung phones tend to stay warmer than when in good reception areas is what I've experienced over the decades. My HTC and LG phones would cool down when asleep but the Samsungs stayed warmer.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I do want to know how hot it can be. Im still on my S5 and this baby gets hot within few minutes whenever thr DCMProvider acts up. I'll open up gallery, dcm runs, 2-3 minutes, screen will be hot. It gets to the point that I have to take it out of my pocket and manually force stop the SOB.
I'm having an overheating problem on my S5 as well. It exceeds over 80 degrees Celsius on the CPU and 40 degree Celsius on the battery. I'm thinking RMA but I think we know what Samsung's response is gonna be: normal.
What can I say?
:) Typical Samsung.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
80° Celsius? Hell you are almost at water boiling point.

I think Samsung is just make up excuses for piss poor quality control. Rtv their phones so they step up their game.

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
80° Celsius? Hell you are almost at water boiling point.

I think Samsung is just make up excuses for piss poor quality control. Rtv their phones so they step up their game.
lol yeah. I think I shouldn't be surprised of the phone is causing my hands be oily and sweaty at that kind of temperature. It is literally boiling my hands for sure lol.

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
It's a new feature, you didn't know..... like a self cleaning oven.... The new Samsung, we'll sanitize your hands whether you like it or not! LOL

S5 tap'n
Oh silly me. Of course! Samsung is just taking care of our health. Look at Apple. The Iphone never does such thing. Apple wants us to not wash our hands and stay dirty! All the more reason Apple sux, Samsung rocks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Overheating was an issue .back when devices were g4 powered..not so much as of late .I don't game on my device. But I will run my hotspot and charge and listen to music all at the same time..and Google maps .. depending on what's going on... and this is m-fri ..and my t2 is clicking along.. I do mount it in my ac vent though. Just as a precaution..but my ac blows so cold that I could freeze my device..so it's a straddling the line type of thing.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"If they truly believe this garbage, I will never buy another Samsung." - UB

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm gonna say this .mostly because I hate Samsung's ultra heavy UI..of course your phone will run hot when over half the available phone memory goes to a ton of bloat that is glitchy at best a lot of times..my note 4 edge was so entangled in their Samsung apps..ugh. I honestly don't know which I hate more. Apple or the ui's that are so damn heavy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk