Samsung To Issue A Global Galaxy Note 7 Recall

RyanPm40

Reaction score
So they told you to just wait and hope your phone doesn't explode? Seems rather careless and dangerous for Verizon imo..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
They just told me that it is voluntary and if ur phone is not getting extremely hot while charging then it is probably good but he also said that i could exchange it up until samsung closes the recall which could be open for awhile yet

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Now then again this is my 2nd one now and this one gets better battery life and does not get as hot as the first one did

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
So they told you to just wait and hope your phone doesn't explode? Seems rather careless and dangerous for Verizon imo..

My phone is not even getting warm and not overheating. Phones that have been affected have been getting extremely hot then explodes from reports I have seen. None so far in the U.S. So I am not worried at all. By the way had it plugged into my car charger on an 4 hour drive to and back home picking up my daughter from college. the phone did not get hot at all. If you are worried return yours. I will keep my phone unless something changes with the Temperature!

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
My phone is not even getting warm and not overheating. Phones that have been affected have been getting extremely hot then explodes from reports I have seen. None so far in the U.S. So I am not worried at all. By the way had it plugged into my car charger on an 4 hour drive to and back home picking up my daughter from college. the phone did not get hot at all. If you are worried return yours. I will keep my phone unless something changes with the Temperature!
I heard that the ones that caught fire were the unlocked models not sure if this is true with all 35 cases

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh I don't doubt that it is a very limited issue, and that your phones are most likely fine, but I would still be all over that free replacement to be safe; why take the risk on such an expensive device if it can be prevented for free, even if it seems fine?

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that verizon also said we can switch to another device also if we decided we dont want the note 7 like ok wat other phone matches it

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that verizon also said we can switch to another device also if we decided we dont want the note 7 like ok wat other phone matches it

Dang thats actually really awesome on Verizon. Wish I had that option with the defective LG G5.. it's known for a gps hardware defect due to very bendable contacts inside, and the issue seems to come back no matter what. Most likely due to battery swaps.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My SO is going to wait for the replacement devices to become available until returning hers. At the same time, she'll only charge it during the day, while using the OEM Note 7 charging cable. (Just to be on the safe side)

S5 tap'n
I only charge phone via Fast Qi at home, no heat at all.

Last edited:

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Floss is live talking about the Recall!!! Try to watch from the beginning.

Like floss said time to run it with no case screen protector so y not lets try the scratch test cause im curious

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I only charge phone via Fast Qi at home, no heat at all.

Yeah, she uses both, no heat either way. After all is said and done, there are probably no issues with the snapdragon variety.

S5 tap'n