Ota 6.12.173

gling

Reaction score
So after a day on the update I must say it has done much more in the way of enhancements/improvements than the previous 748 update did (at least for me).
The camera is much better all around (picture quality, speed, focus, etc).
4G is more stable with no drops, although one day does not an accurate test make.
Improvements in Motocast, various settings and the overall UI make this an update that all can look forward to.
Keep up the good work Moto and thanks to JK 76 for pointing the way.

Update: Just realized that the LED notification light isn't working. I'll have to do a little investigating to see if it's related. Anyone else on the update having this problem?
Update 2: Reboot seemed to resolve the problem. All is good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
BTW, Jungle King, can you change the title of the thread? It's not technically an OTA. It may become eventually, but not at the moment. A "leak" is more appropriate..
On the other hand, thanks for tipping us off and for the great write up! A true service to the rooted community.

I was thinking the same thing but that is one thing I don't know how to do. Any tips?

Edit: Figured it out (I think) but the change isn't showing up....maybe it takes time?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
DL link?

The reason I chose not do include the dl link is because I wanted to makes sure everyone saw the original post and thread...they deserve the credit for the find and post. I just wanted to share the wealth here because I know some may only check this forum and not know about droidrzr.com

PhDCow

Reaction score
So after a day on the update I must say it has done much more in the way of enhancements/improvements than the previous 748 update did (at least for me).
The camera is much better all around (picture quality, speed, focus, etc).
4G is more stable with no drops, although one day does not an accurate test make.
Improvements in Motocast, various settings and the overall UI make this an update that all can look forward to.
Keep up the good work Moto and thanks to JK 76 for pointing the way.

This is my experience as well. I'm not rooted at all (I burned up my original OG trying to root). The install was a breeze and my phone has definitely run more smoothly. I didn't have any drops yesterday, even at my work where we have some dead zones. I had been using Pro Capture as main default camera app, but I'm really happy with the stock camera again.

As one of the previous posts mentioned, if this one came out ahead of time, the rest will as well. I'm happy that I updated.

melfunn

Reaction score
Think I found another gem on this leak. I don't think the camera had "low light" shooting scene on .748. Can anyone not on leak confirm it's absence? I thought there were only 7 shooting scenes before, as now there are 8.

You're correct. There are only 7 original shooting scenes. Low light is new.

todroid

Reaction score
The reason I chose not do include the dl link is because I wanted to makes sure everyone saw the original post and thread...they deserve the credit for the find and post. I just wanted to share the wealth here because I know some may only check this forum and not know about droidrzr.com

Did you follow my link by any chance? I did not link to the file, but to the thread on DroidRazr, thus giving them full credit.
But, since it's your thread and you took time to write it up, I modded my earlier post.

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Did you follow my link by any chance? I did not link to the file, but to the thread on DroidRazr, thus giving them full credit.
But, since it's your thread and you took time to write it up, I modded my earlier post.

Oh, todroid.... you could have left that. Not a big deal, it was like 3am when I first started this thread so I was a little hazy too. A link to the page is fine. Perhaps if you modded yours, I should go ahead and add it to the op for any others who see this for the first time.

equake

Reaction score
Seems like the Bionic is readying and update so RAZR is not too far behind

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Wonder when the official is going to go OTA... :D

I would guess end of January. The previous update had a build date of late November and was pushed out as month later so since the leak has a build date at the end of December, I would assume the ota will be pushed the end of this month.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I would guess end of January. The previous update had a build date of late November and was pushed out as month later so since the leak has a build date at the end of December, I would assume the ota will be pushed the end of this month.

Out of curiosity, what is the build number on the leaked update?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did the upgrade last night and it failed at the end. The failure point was immediately after "updating BP ..."

The next line was "assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/bp.img")

Next line was "Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip"

Next line was "(Status. 7)"

Last line was "Installation aborted".

After reboot, it took quite a while to finish and for red moto logo to go. Eventually it woke up and to my surprise the update appeared to have taken. The new apps are installed and functional, the camera works and has the additional new features. Unfortunately I have no cellular radios, no service, just a red circle with line through it over the greyed out signal level bars.

WIFI works, and everything else seems to work properly. Any ideas?

I certainly can flash Fastboot but wanted to see if I could salvage the update before taking two steps backwards.

Last edited: