Dowloaded leaked version update 6.12.173 and now having problems.....

Reaction score
found it and downloading now. sorry.

No need to apologize. We are here to help.

After download, save it to your sdcard and flash it in stock recovery just like you did before.

Keep in mind the files are named based on what you are coming from so the file will say 6.12.173 because you are coming from 173.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Did it earlier, best thing to do is RSD back to stock then wipe, then update. By using the zip I can't send texts, but I can receive them. Gotta flash back to stock later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just got confirmation from another user that flashing the zip back to 748 messed up texting for him also but he did a factory reset and all its back to normal.

No need to rsd.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just got confirmation from another user that flashing the zip back to 748 messed up texting for him also but he did a factory reset and all its back to normal.

No need to rsd.

Great information.

xiogua

Reaction score

No need to rsd.

Thanks, saves me time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jeppes

Reaction score
So I shouldnt download the leak just wait for the OTA update?

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
I'd wait. It seems that all of us who installed the leak have had the same problems. But if you want to mess around, go for it! nobody has complained that they bricked their phone that I'm aware of.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'd wait. It seems that all of us who installed the leak have had the same problems. But if you want to mess around, go for it! nobody has complained that they bricked their phone that I'm aware of.

+1. We know a soak test is about to begin for an update to the Razr in a few days. Users who have updated with the leaked version have had problems. If it ain't broke...don't fix it...and it appears that for some the leak has broke things more than fixed things.

Reaction score

Don't say all. In fact I have heard more people say the leak is perfect than any one complaining.

I have been on the leak since the day it dropped and I am not looking back. I can't even imagine being on 748 after experiencing 173.

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
Don't say all. In fact I have heard more people say the leak is perfect than any one complaining.

I have been on the leak since the day it dropped and I am not looking back. I can't even imagine being on 748 after experiencing 173.

I guess I was referring to those of us who went back to 748. The problems with the text messages not being sent after we reverted back. To be honest I didn't try it very long. Had to revert back to stock for a while.

jeppes

Reaction score
If you do go to the leaked 2.3.6 and have problems I'd it hard to go back to 2.3.5?

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
If you do go to the leaked 2.3.6 and have problems I'd it hard to go back to 2.3.5?

Not really, just follow the directions from the links posted previously on this thread. Takes about 10 minutes and then doing a factory reset. Then your back to normal. (hopefully)

jeppes

Reaction score
Ok hope this works

jeppes

Reaction score
Does this update erase all my stuff or is it liked the ota uodate

Agoofydiver

Reaction score
Does this update erase all my stuff or is it liked the ota uodate

like the over the air update as far as not losing anything. Going back is a different story though.

jeppes

Reaction score
Just updated to 2.3.6 so far so good