Dowloaded leaked version update 6.12.173 and now having problems.....

ses020570

Reaction score
After downloading the leaked 2.3.6 (6.12.173) version for the RAZR, I have been having problems with the phone shutting off and freezing up. I am stock and want to return my phone to the last known build of 6.11.748.

Is there ANYONE who would be kind enough to guide me through the process of doing this? I feel like such an idiot - had no problem downloading and installing the upgrade, but now don't know how to get it back to 6.11.748.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks much.

Sean

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
After downloading the leaked 2.3.6 (6.12.173) version for the RAZR, I have been having problems with the phone shutting off and freezing up. I am stock and want to return my phone to the last known build of 6.11.748.

Is there ANYONE who would be kind enough to guide me through the process of doing this? I feel like such an idiot - had no problem downloading and installing the upgrade, but now don't know how to get it back to 6.11.748.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks much.

Sean
Go here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/195410-2-3-6-update.html. Read this thread. In the thread is a link to a .748 (current stock version) to download. After downloading to your computer, transfer the file to your external sd card. Boot into stock recovery and flash the downloaded zip file. Do not extract the zip file.

OP
S

ses020570

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I went to that link but there wasn't a link to the old version. Thoughts?

xiogua

Reaction score
Did it earlier, best thing to do is RSD back to stock then wipe, then update. By using the zip I can't send texts, but I can receive them. Gotta flash back to stock later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

eidian

Reaction score
Did it earlier, best thing to do is RSD back to stock then wipe, then update. By using the zip I can't send texts, but I can receive them. Gotta flash back to stock later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

+1

I was fortunate that I didn't have problems when I went from 748 running Inflex back down 744 using the fastboot file without doing a factory wipe first.

I'm running 173 with much pleasure since last night. I ran speed tests and the phone is running a little faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eidian

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I tried this link and the installation failed. I am at a loss. All I want to do is get this 6.12.173 off of my phone and get the 6.11.748 back. I don't know what else to do.

Did you use RSD lite our just try to flash it using stock recovery?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I tried this link and the installation failed. I am at a loss. All I want to do is get this 6.12.173 off of my phone and get the 6.11.748 back. I don't know what else to do.

Just to be clear.... it's the installation failing? Or are you saying it fails to download to your phone?

Reaction score
Yeah, after looking back I realized that FoxKat accidentally gave you the wrong link. That is not a flashable zip to get back to 748 that is just a zipped folder of the preinstall files from 173....honest mistake.

Click the following link. Scroll down and look for the paragraph right after step 10 (starts out "Grats" ) and you will see the dl link for the right zip file.

Installing 6.12.173.xt912 - DroidRzr.com

You may have to register to see the link if you are not a member or droidrzr but it is quick and this is the place to go.

Good luck.

Last edited:

gling

Reaction score
Just went through this yesterday going from the leaked update (6.12.173) back to .748. Downloaded the file; Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and flashed back to .748 without issue. Soon found that I couldn't send sms/mms but could receive them (many having this issue). After further investigation, decided to RSD back to .744 and start fresh. Made the mistake of not doing a "wipe data/factory reset" after getting back to .744 and went ahead installed the OTA back to .748. It was an easy way to go as all of my apps/data stayed intact BUT once the update to .748 was complete, I still didn't have the ability to send sms/mms.
Long story short, RSD'd back to .744, wiped data/factory reset (in recovery), set up basic accounts, rooted, reinstalled apps/data with TB, OTA to .748 and all is good again. Some people have had success just flashing back from .173 to .748 but the safe way to insure no bugs is the RSD method.
There's a thread at DroidRZR with complete instructions (probably here too but I don't know where).
One way or another, you'll get back. Good luck.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/443-using-rsd-lite-and-fastboot-files-to-go-back-to-stock-611744/

Reaction score
I don't see the updated link you were speaking of....

If you click the link I posted it takes you to droidrzr.com and the thread about 173. Scroll down a little bit to step 10.

Then you will see a short paragraph and at the end of that paragraph is a link (click the word "here" ) and the download will start.