Official: The DROID Bionic is on the Way with an “Improved Form Factor”

chazcarter

Reaction score
HTC thunderbolt is a beast if you dont get a defective one...I had to return my first one du to GPS issues, but after I exchanged it and got another one, its been awesome...its a beast of a phone for sure...i wonder how the droid charge will compare.....This just tells you that android is taking over the mobile market

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Could someone answer the following for me:

What phone company has the Targa rights....please not Sprint?
and
When has the "street/market" estimated it to be released?

Thanks in advance

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

DWB, I'm not sure who holds the naming rights to Targa, but in the end, what's in a name? "That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet"...to quote from The Bard. The important thing isn't what they CALL the phone, but rather what's under the hood. Provide a dual core processor, lots of ram (like the Atrix) and some cool features and they can name the thing Motorola Whimp and I'll still be interested in it, :)

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Reaction score
Thank the looooord
My old man refuses to switch from Sprint, horrible reception here and especially at his house, too damn lazy and still with the same phone for like 5 years.

Jersey I think I remember your name from incinerated theme threads, still using the firefighter version? Those were awesome.

danceswithbongs

Still using incinerated and cant seem to part with it. I wasnt keen on the maltese crosses used in the firefighter addon, but its still an awesome theme.

/off topic babbling ; )

illmatic636

Reaction score
Could someone answer the following for me:

What phone company has the Targa rights....please not Sprint?
and
When has the "street/market" estimated it to be released?

Thanks in advance

danceswithbongs

DWB, I'm not sure who holds the naming rights to Targa, but in the end, what's in a name? "That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet"...to quote from The Bard. The important thing isn't what they CALL the phone, but rather what's under the hood. Provide a dual core processor, lots of ram (like the Atrix) and some cool features and they can name the thing Motorola Whimp and I'll still be interested in it, :)

-Mike

I think he's talking about the actual phone, not the name. It will probably have a different name when announced. I don't see any appeal with the name Targa. Yuk. Like the Bionic is Etna. But 10 to 1. TMobile will get it 1st :-(

IMO, they get all the illest phones :icon_evil: With the crappy service.

leland_7

Reaction score
I'm about to throw up. I want to get the unlimited data but don't care to own a TB. I mean it's ok but I it's missing several features I would like to have. I want the DB but tiered data will likely be implemented then. FML

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
leland
What are you basing those fears about the data plan on?
We all have heard rumors for over a year.
But the guys I know at ver zon, happen to be hackers and rooted.
They continue to inform me that as far as they know, and I don't think they know everything, all smart phone purchases will require buying the unlimited data plan.
Now they may not have been told, but they do their own research as well since they don't want to get stuck having to buy tiered either.
So current solution seems that they force everyone into the unlimited plan.
Perhaps they crunched the numbers and found this was the best decision financially, possibly fearing that way more barely use much data and thus it would hurt their bottom line.
Possibly due to what 4g brings to the table.
Again this is conjecture as to the why. But as with any news with ver zon, my buddies usually call me within a day from learning anything that may impact us.

danceswithbongs

leland_7

Reaction score
lol u guys! ha ha
i know it's all rumors but some rumors have substance. since joining the site i read as much as i can to stay informed. i try to weed through them as best i can and getting an overall view going forward. seems like most everyone agrees that tiered data is coming soon especially with the latest statement from the high up rep. Not sure if it will happen before or after the DB release. But, those who buy the TB now get grandfathered into the unlimited 4G. maybe i missed something along the way and getting worried for nothing?

chazcarter

Reaction score
Are you saying that in the future Verizon could possibly start charging for 4G service, as a "separate tiered speed data plan" ?

Meaning I have unlimited data that I pay 29.99 for, so there will be an additional charge if I wanted 4G speed? They would loose business, not only is that wrong but unethical. I have the HTC Thunderbolt too.

iGrizz

Reaction score
Are you saying that in the future Verizon could possibly start charging for 4G service, as a "separate tiered speed data plan" ?

Meaning I have unlimited data that I pay 29.99 for, so there will be an additional charge if I wanted 4G speed? They would loose business, not only is that wrong but unethical. I have the HTC Thunderbolt too.

Your locked into unlimited 4G data with your Thunderbolt. Eventually they will charge separately for 4G because it will be everywhere and nobody with a 4G phone with use 3G.

Raiden sent this...

leland_7

Reaction score
No. Just meaning that DATA in general will no longer be a "pay $30 and you're unlimited" thing. It'll be tiered. Only time will tell how much $30 will get you going forward.