[Rumor] Motorola Dinara to follow Droid Bionic in late 2011

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
52e787.jpg

It's time to put yet another Verizon and Motorola smartphone on your radar. Even as we're still waiting for the long-anticipated Droid Bionic to arrive, rumors have started swirling for the next super phone, the Motorola Dinara. According to sources close to Droid Life, the Dinara will arrive in late 2011 with a form factor that closely resembles a thinner and lighter Droid Bionic.

Read more: Rumor: Motorola Dinara to follow Droid Bionic in late 2011 | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I'm all over the Bionic if Moto decides to unlock the bootloader. If they don't then I guess I'll just save my upgrade for the next phone HTC drops.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It’s still under development, but these are the specs so far it has an “HD” 4.3" screen, 13MP rear camera, VGA front, an internal/non-removable battery, TI processor, 1GB RAM, bigger screen than the Bionic (same device size, but screen closer to the edge), lock button on the side like Samsung. It will look almost identical to the Bionic in styling, but will end up as a much slimmer and lighter device. It will come with Gingerbread with a slim chance that it will have Ice Cream Sandwich depending on it's release. There has been rumors of this phone will be going to multiple carriers but sources say that it will be going to AT&T. I am looking forward to hearing more about this phone. It looks like it might be a power house...

creaky

Reaction score
While the Droid Life article says it's being tested for Verizon, I believe there was also speculation that this would go to AT&T (unless I'm getting mixed up; it was also said that the AT&T phone, being tested by Winston over at Howard Forums, that had a 13mp camera). Perhaps someone with a better grip on these rumors can set things straight.

Also, with all the wait for the Bionic, would Moto really follow up 3-4 months later with a phone that blows it out of the water? Maybe, we'll see....

Also, Ion't like the idea of a non-removable battery. As someone posted, with no battery pull, that makes modding trickier....

jayman350

Reaction score
While the Droid Life article says it's being tested for Verizon, I believe there was also speculation that this would go to AT&T (unless I'm getting mixed up; it was also said that the AT&T phone, being tested by Winston over at Howard Forums, that had a 13mp camera). Perhaps someone with a better grip on these rumors can set things straight.

Also, with all the wait for the Bionic, would Moto really follow up 3-4 months later with a phone that blows it out of the water? Maybe, we'll see....

Also, Ion't like the idea of a non-removable battery. As someone posted, with no battery pull, that makes modding trickier....

I don't like the permanent battery either. I currently use two batteries for my D1. I keep one charged at all times so when I start to get low I just swap batteries.

With the issues going on w/ the LTE antenna draining the batteries on these newer phones, what sense does it make at all to make a phone w/ a non-removable battery? I was getting interested in this, but the battery thing just makes this a no-go for me. Having a sealed unit w/o being able to replace the battery was one of the main reasons I never got the iphone.

anuraj1

Reaction score
VGA front camera? Like the scrapped Etna version of the Bionic? I wonder why they would take a step backwards when the Targa Bionic has a 1.3 MP FFC.

Beka27

Reaction score
I do not like the idea of a non-removable battery at all. If this is where the trend is heading with Moto... I might not be able to stick around. I do battery pulls everyday or every other day...

It would figure they'd release an awesome phone shortly after the Bionic. VZW will probably get it a year later... lol.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great. I don't even have my Bionic yet and they are coming out with a better phone?!?

Oh well, got to jump in at some point.

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
Great. I don't even have my Bionic yet and they are coming out with a better phone?!?

Exactly...there will always being a shiny new phone coming out. You could always sell your phone and buy the latest and greatest. Well until the next one comes out. heh

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
VGA front camera? Like the scrapped Etna version of the Bionic? I wonder why they would take a step backwards when the Targa Bionic has a 1.3 MP FFC.

Probably because it is kind of a waste. 1.3MP isn't that much better than VGA, and it will be used primarily for web video chat, which limits the quality based on connection speed. Not that big of a step back really.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Exactly...there will always being a shiny new phone coming out. You could always sell your phone and buy the latest and greatest. Well until the next one comes out. heh

I could. But where would I live when my wife gives me the boot? ;)

anuraj1

Reaction score

Probably because it is kind of a waste. 1.3MP isn't that much better than VGA, and it will be used primarily for web video chat, which limits the quality based on connection speed. Not that big of a step back really.

VGA is 0.3 MP... seems like a significant jump in quality to go to 1.3MP. But it is probably a bandwidth hog. Hopefully with LTE we won't have to worry about our connection speeds! At least for a while haha.

phatkat66

Reaction score
^ +1

I would definitely like to see my Bionic in my hands before you start telling me about the next phone. >_> I have a trip in august to vegas and tx and I would love to be showing off my Bionic out there. GIVE ME MY BIONIC!!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well at least for the folks that got the Atrix, DX2 and other phones around that time might have something to look forward to next year.

I might see myself holding out for it if the Bionic does come in Sept.