[OFFICIAL] Motorola X Phone Waiting Room

jamjr74

Reaction score
So tempted to order one and sell my s4! Should I? Haha

Galaxy S4!!!

rza49311

Reaction score
Looking good on shipping, no delays. I ordered two of them last night(me and coworker) and both are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Depends on how much you like a good camera! :)

That is actually what is making me hesitate. Camera is an important feature for me and the reviews of the moto's camera are not the greatest. I really love the size and form factor of the device though. Have to mull it over!

Galaxy S4!!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and how much you value reception.

I've been trying out the Maxx for the past week alongside the S4. I live in a strong area, but running tests side by side with CDMA Field Test and Advanced Signal have consistently showed the S4 has slightly stronger LTE signal while the Maxx has slightly stronger voice signal - but no significant differences. And I can tell you from day to day use, the experience has matched those results. Just for whatever that may or may not be worth! :)

That is actually what is making me hesitate. Camera is an important feature for me and the reviews of the moto's camera are not the greatest. I really love the size and form factor of the device though. Have to mull it over!

Galaxy S4!!!

If you love the photos the S4 produces, I'll tell you now that you won't like the photos the X produces. But they might be sufficient for you given the other trade-offs. So it really comes down to your personal preference and how much the trade-off is worth to you.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've been trying out the Maxx for the past week alongside the S4. I live in a strong area, but running tests side by side with CDMA Field Test and Advanced Signal have consistently showed the S4 has slightly stronger LTE signal while the Maxx has slightly stronger voice signal - but no significant differences. And I can tell you from day to day use, the experience has matched those results. Just for whatever that may or may not be worth! :)

If you love the photos the S4 produces, I'll tell you now that you won't like the photos the X produces. But they might be sufficient for you given the other trade-offs. So it really comes down to your personal preference and how much the trade-off is worth to you.

What I've said all along with my Samsung experience versus Motorola..I'm in New York no issues signal on Samsung...Maxx was solid and a workhorse I didn't find camera as bad as others but def a step down if it matters to others..

N2 tap'd HD

rza49311

Reaction score

I appreciate your input. :) I live in a low signal area and I drive through several spots where there's no signal period. No phone works in them but how far I can drive before I lose signal and how quickly I get it back is what I look for. In the past 5 years, nothing has beaten Moto in that aspect, in my experience. Also, as far as field tests go, I have also noticed the values almost always increase when actually in calls vs the phone idling. I am impressed with the iPhone though too. My wife had the 4s and now has the 5 and both have great signal.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Really? I can say Samsung have bad issue when it come to riding bike in bridge in NY. Unless u want to be in location like downtown Manhattan or area that isn't near project of course it will have good service.
What I've said all along with my Samsung experience versus Motorola..I'm in New York no issues signal on Samsung...Maxx was solid and a workhorse I didn't find camera as bad as others but def a step down if it matters to others..

N2 tap'd HD

Team DROID

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I'm no longer in the waiting room :) Got the phone today and I absolutely love it. Can't put the thing down!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Nice? What device did u come from? How are the battery and camera?

Galaxy S4!!!

Came from a bionic. This thing is Sci fi space age compared to that thing. Battery life is unbelievable, especially considering I'm used to a larger battery on the Bionic but am getting better battery life on the x. It's nice to not have to worry about what percent I'm at and the idle drain is ridiculously slow. Camera is pretty good, the reviews really did it in but I think it is just fine when you don't directly scrutinize compared to y or z. The twisting gesture to open it is fun, shutter speed is super quick and I haven't had too many ugly pics come out yet

Sent from my XT1060