Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moto-droid-2.1-update.jpg

**Edit: The Update has been since pulled. No new information as to when it will be released at this time**

According to Motorola 2.1 will begin pushing to the Moto Droid this week.

The announcement has come via their Facebook page.

Official Announcement below

Motorola Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later ...this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Last edited:
Reaction score
Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo... Didnt someone post the exact same thing 5 min ago? lmao MM1 is just playing with you guys lol.

YA123

Reaction score
Wow this has been a great week. Saints win. Android 2.1. Only thing to make it the best week ever would be flash and megan fox.

freemenot

Reaction score
The real question is whether we should deny the upgrade, as it may 'unroot' us. It all depends on whether it replaces the recovery image.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Yep doing a nandroid backup tonight. Now since i am rooted and running bugless beauty 7.2 will anything mess up during the OTA if it is OTA?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The final version had to be in by Friday of this week so what they actually push out is anybody's guess.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
so we wont see it till next week if it has to be in by friday :icon_eek: Unless im missing something

M

Matth3w

I for one won't be upgrading. Until I can put Flash on either as a download from Adobe or a ROM update...no point. What does 2.1 offer that I don't already have besides Flash that makes it worth losing different ports from the Milestone, the ability to overclock, the ability to monitor real time temps, the ability to take a screenshot without having to use a home replacement app, etc etc?

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.