OFFICIAL: 2.1 to release this week on the Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Sadly I agree. With as embarrassing as the complaining was over the past few days when the update comes out it's probably going to be really sad.

Then when people do searches about the Droid all they will find is how unhappy people are with them.

Many people will not know many of these complainers are complaining about silly little things. So they will come to the conclusion that Droid owners are unhappy with their phones and they will buy something else. Of course when people stop buying Droids then Motorola and Verizon will certainly pay less attention to updates for it.

I for one spend more time enjoying this phone than any other I've ever had.

If I were running this forum I would delete this entire thread. It is too embarrassing if new people would read through all this.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know, this forum will EXPLODE with nagging!!!!!!!

It doesn't do this! It don't do that!!! Where's flash???

Sodner

Reaction score
I don't know the real percentages but most poeple don't run to the internet to post how much they love something. Most people (90%?) post complaints, problems, questions, and frustrations. So what's going on here is nothing new.

I do LOVE and ENJOY my Droid, as you (MrKleen) have said, more that any phone I have owned. But I can't help but want it to be "new and imporved".

Am I crying that 2.1 is not out, no. But do I still wish it would arrive this minute, yes.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I agree with you. I want new improvements, and I want them now also... :) But I will be happy if they give us updates and continue to do so. If we are getting upgrades that give us new stuff I think we should be happy. I am surprised at the amount of people screaming murder because there isn't live wallpapers... lol

Don't forget guys, there are Droids in Africa that dont get anything.

I don't know the real percentages but most poeple don't run to the internet to post how much they love something. Most people (90%?) post complaints, problems, questions, and frustrations. So what's going on here is nothing new.

I do LOVE and ENJOY my Droid, as you (MrKleen) have said, more that any phone I have owned. But I can't help but want it to be "new and imporved".

Am I crying that 2.1 is not out, no. But do I still wish it would arrive this minute, yes.

EludeR

Reaction score
mannnn :(. Was hopping it would be released this week. Oh well back to the waiting chair.

swickdick

Reaction score
People keep complaining because we keep getting bull**** news about when it's suppose to come out which gets everyone's hopes up. I for one am tired of hearing, "Oh it's coming out this week", or "oh its coming out on the 22nd". Set up a damn release date and get it done, or if they want to keep changing dates around DON'T MAKE THEM PUBLIC.

Deno

Reaction score
check for software

how do i check to see what software is on my phone now?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
People keep complaining because we keep getting bull**** news about when it's suppose to come out which gets everyone's hopes up. I for one am tired of hearing, "Oh it's coming out this week", or "oh its coming out on the 22nd". Set up a damn release date and get it done, or if they want to keep changing dates around DON'T MAKE THEM PUBLIC.
VZW never made them public nor did they make any kind of announcement. So anything else you may have read or heard does not matter.

Moto DID act prematurely and have since retracted their statement and did say it was a mistake.

So don't get mad it's not worth it. You'll know when it's being released when Verizon says it is.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
how do i check to see what software is on my phone now?

Settings>>About Phone>> Scroll Down... Firmware version is there.

zegwin

Reaction score
Ok... so yesterday I had to go to verizon to change some stuff with my plan. (I like talking to people and not over phones... shoot me for being old fashion.) While I was there I asked the manager if he knew anything about 2.1 for droid. He said... (more or less) That because of Verizon's history that the company does not like to set specific dates.

I could tell he new something but had to word it carefully..... (least I think he did.)

Am I mad at either company. No. Why? because my phone works wonderfully and I have better things to do with my life then stress over something trivial.

Deno

Reaction score
Settings then about phone
Ok thanks now i'm looking at firmware version 2.0.1 and I'm totally not sure if that the latest update or not... the unlock screen is different but I keep reading about version 2.1 and not 2.0.1... would you know anything about that?

Sodner

Reaction score
VZW never made them public nor did they make any kind of announcement. So anything else you may have read or heard does not matter.

Moto DID act prematurely and have since retracted their statement and did say it was a mistake.

So don't get mad it's not worth it. You'll know when it's being released when Verizon says it is.

Would it kill them (Moto / Verizon) to publish a date? Even if its July 1st, publish it. "Under promise, over deliver" as the saying goes.. Pick a date you CAN MEET, give them that, and if you beat it all the better.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings then about phone
Ok thanks now i'm looking at firmware version 2.0.1 and I'm totally not sure if that the latest update or not... the unlock screen is different but I keep reading about version 2.1 and not 2.0.1... would you know anything about that?

This thread is about 2.1, which has not been released. 2.0.1 is the most current official update.

Status
Not open for further replies.