OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Did they fix the issue with people getting the OTA notification for 01B when they loaded P3's 22D ROM?
Yes this is directly from VZW...after install you will not get prompt

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just opened up two file managers and told it to copy the entire contents of my SD card to a folder on my desktop called Droiiid Backup.

How do you go about copying all of the contents of your SD card to your hard drive?

SSHGuru that is just a matter of hooking up a usb cable and "select to copy files to/from computer" from pull down menu. I am sure you have USB debugging checked already?

dwoid

Reaction score
I connect the USB cable, turn on USB Storage on my Droid, open a window that shows my SDCard in my Droid, open a window that shows where on my PC hard drive I store a copy of that SDCard, delete all the old copy, then drag and drop a new copy of my SDCard on my Droid to my PC.

dancedroid

How do you go about copying all of the contents of your SD card to your hard drive?

rlfitz

Reaction score
So i did this update and it went through as advertised. went to the market and found only that flash showcase. no 10.1. it said in about phone FRG22D. I also got the update security settings message. I powered off the phone and turned it back on and then flash 10.1 showed up in the market much to my relief.
So what exactly is the deal with the update security settings message that pops up? what do i have to change?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have a question -- can anyone who has tested both say if there's a difference between the N1 build, either in performance or reliability, and the Droid build of Flash?

I ask because if there's no difference then I'm not going to go finagle a different download and just keep using the same links to tell people how to install if it's not showing up in their market.

dwoid

Reaction score
That was actually an issue with loading any of the recent leaks, including rooted 01B and both 22 and 22D. I experienced it three times while goofing around with different builds last night, each immediately after booting. Today, sitting tight on P3's 22D, I've not received one OTA notification. I suspect this was due to Verizon sensing a build change at boot time, perhaps combined with Verizon's broadcasting different OTA images.

Did they fix the issue with people getting the OTA notification for 01B when they loaded P3's 22D ROM?

dwoid

Reaction score
Someone in the P3 FRG22D leak thread compared them and found them identical.

I have a question -- can anyone who has tested both say if there's a difference between the N1 build, either in performance or reliability, and the Droid build of Flash?

I ask because if there's no difference then I'm not going to go finagle a different download and just keep using the same links to tell people how to install if it's not showing up in their market.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
That's good news Wezil, glad the apps are all showing up. Mine are too; like you I suspect Market was updating and a little behind.

Interesting about the kernels being different, I missed that because I loaded my favorite Chevy flavor at the same time as I loaded P3's FRG22D.

I don't think anyone with this FRG22D download release from Google's site has rooted yet. It's going to require stock (stock-recovery) FRG01B in order to install. Then the rooting and custom recovery business would be needed. The quick rooter tools don't work with it yet, and at least at this moment I've not seen any developers talking about a release.

Due to all the steps that will be required to root this puppy, I suspect that P3's FRG22D is going to be the standard stock version for rooters for a while.

So just an update from the thread regarding P3's leak/OTA that I was discussing with Dwoid and other last night. My protected apps are now available in the market not that this OTA is official. Makes me think that it was just the Market that we needed to wait on. Will be interesting to see if I ever get an OTA for this.
The only difference I can see so far is that the my kernal version # is slightly different. I wonder is anyone that has the new OTA and Root can see if the can OC to 800Mhz with the stock kernal.

I just routed using MotoCache 1s instructions and all went well...

I was rootd since about March and just un-rooted two days ago to wait for 22B OTA since the official file was available from Googles server I updated manually a few hours ago. I gave some time and put the phone through it's paces to make sure everything was OK.

I used Moto's Method of blocking the automatic bootloader restore and Used SPRecovery to load his rooting files...

Worked GREAT!

I now have EVERYTHING... Official FRG22D, Flash, SPRecovery, New Superuser app, Wireless Tether, Ti Backup.
Speaking of backup... I'm off to do ALL my backups... Nandroid using SPR, Ti Backup and ASTRO backup.

MOTO CACHE 1 YOU ARE THE MAN!! Here have some dancing Droids and bananas...dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put in to this!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Someone in the P3 FRG22D leak thread compared them and found them identical.

I was afraid of that. Thanks.

Lousy %^$%^@$#!^^&W&#$& Adobe and the horse they rode in on! :)

dwoid

Reaction score
Congrats, you're the first that I've seen who has gone through the whole process from a non-rooted 01B to a rooted "official" 22D.

I just hope the OTA is exactly the same distribution as from Google's website. It should be, but we really won't know for sure until it comes out.

I just routed using MotoCache 1s instructions and all went well...

I was rootd since about March and just un-rooted two days ago to wait for 22B OTA since the official file was available from Googles server I updated manually a few hours ago. I gave some time and put the phone through it's paces to make sure everything was OK.

I used Moto's Method of blocking the automatic bootloader restore and Used SPRecovery to load his rooting files...

Worked GREAT!

I now have EVERYTHING... Official FRG22D, Flash, SPRecovery, New Superuser app, Wireless Tether, Ti Backup.
Speaking of backup... I'm off to do ALL my backups... Nandroid using SPR, Ti Backup and ASTRO backup.

MOTO CACHE 1 YOU ARE THE MAN!! Here have some dancing Droids and bananas...dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put in to this!

badog

Reaction score
I just installed this on a non-rooted OTA FRG01B. install went fine and was really quick, even the reboot was pretty quick. Installed flash from the market and everything seems to run fine. I then rooted it using the files and guide from Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version. Everything works fine except now every time I start Exchange it wants to enforce the security policies. Which is strange since I am one of the exchange admins and we disabled the mobile security policies. There's gonna be some pissed off exec's as soon as this goes OTA.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I just installed this on a non-rooted OTA FRG01B. install went fine and was really quick, even the reboot was pretty quick. Installed flash from the market and everything seems to run fine. I then rooted it using the files and guide from Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version. Everything works fine except now every time I start Exchange it wants to enforce the security policies. Which is strange since I am one of the exchange admins and we disabled the mobile security policies. There's gonna be some pissed off exec's as soon as this goes OTA.
The update DID promise updated security... :)

I'm sorry your life is about to suck. Call VZW tomorrow and ask about it, then report back here so we can pass along the information ASAP.

badog

Reaction score
I'll do that. I work at a college and we get a ton of students coming in for help setting up their phones to our mail server so when this actually hits their phones I'm going on vacation lol.

I'll let you know what I find out.

djembeman

Reaction score
What version of Flash Player are you guys getting from the Market? I recently updated mine to: 10.1.92.8 by downloading the apk... supposedly the first non-beta version. It is 12.52 MB

Droid Froyo 2.2 FRG01B