OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

jarby

Reaction score
WTH am I doing wrong? I can't get this to work.
I forced the FRG01B a couple weeks ago. Everything went smoothly.

I downloaded this new file. Renamed to update.zip. I then go in recovery mode and go to sdcard:update.zip, the phone aborts the installation.

It says E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)

Do I need to delete the original update or change the name of that file? I'm a bit of a noob obviously.

??

Thanks for any help!

jutang

Reaction score
Swype reinstalled just fine after the new update. No issues for me, but will test my droid out and if I find anything out will post later.

IanG

Reaction score
In case anyone has trouble renaming a file, here is a download link with FRG22D already named as update.zip:

http://www.igacek.com/Yes/update.zip

Also, if you have trouble renaming a file, please don't download patch.

Lol!!! If you don't know how to rename just take a few steps away from your pc. :) meh there's always people that are like zomggg is it update.zip.zip or update.zip??? Figured id try to help out if I can in any way :)

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Yes, but it would be nice to know if this is a one-way street or not. People might want the freedom to change their minds.
Good point -- but it's not the recovery they flash on that you have to worry about -- it's the bootloader. We can replace the recovery at will on the Droid as long as the bootloader cooperates. This update does also install an updated bootloader but I've not had a chance to take a look at it yet to see if it is 2C.7C again or a new one.

It is important to note that no one has broken the locked recovery image for the Droid2 yet, and there is still some question about whether it can be broken.
Actually it is my understanding that they have.

I'd highly recommend waiting to load this patch until it has been analyzed by our pro ROM developer community. It won't take long for someone to speak up.

I'm going to run it "as is" onto my DEV phone and see what bootloader we get. The recovery doesn't worry me. Will report back shortly.

jarby

Reaction score
WTH am I doing wrong? I can't get this to work.
I forced the FRG01B a couple weeks ago. Everything went smoothly.

I downloaded this new file. Renamed to update.zip. I then go in recovery mode and go to sdcard:update.zip, the phone aborts the installation.

It says E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)

Do I need to delete the original update or change the name of that file? I'm a bit of a noob obviously.

??

Thanks for any help!

Nevermind.....I figured it out.....Just a minor overlook. :icon_ banana:

IanG

Reaction score
Hey guys, watch out. I'm not sure if its just me but after this update I'm getting HORRIBLE 3g speeds like 100kbps each way.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Downloaded direct to phone.

Used Astro to change to update.zip

Powered off.

Held "X" and Power.

Volume up then Camera Button.

"apply update.zip"

reboot.

FRG22D.
dancedroid

Took all of 10 minutes including reading the whole thread.

Husher315

Reaction score
Did the update, everything is what it should be version wise...but no Flash in the market...

Figured it out. If you have this problem, go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Market. the clear the cache, then Data and Flash will show up in the market! :icon_ banana:

tonydelite

Reaction score
Hey guys, watch out. I'm not sure if its just me but after this update I'm getting HORRIBLE 3g speeds like 100kbps each way.

It's just you... I just did a speed test and got 1015kbps down and 580kbps up, which is fairly average for me.

gtb75

Reaction score
Installed... First boot took a while, but works fine and had no issues installing Flash 10.1 from the market. Upgraded from an OTA FRG01B update. Was not rooted (never have been - yet).