"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
The guy at verizon said they currently don't have one that works he even looked I was just thinking of modding the normal to fit

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

gravebelly

Reaction score
Extended Battery will be here today. As a note the program Juice Defender is great. I got the Juice Defender Ultimate. There are a lot of settings to control a lot of things on your phone. I got the best battery life ever yesterday but i am still learning the program. One good feature is it turns off data if phone is not in use but I can still recieve calls. I recommend this product for the Bionic or any other 4g phone. My battery life however has improved with the standard battery by doing 3 cycles. I dont recommend programs on the market but Juice Defender Ultimate is awesome. There is a free verison just not as many custom options as the ultimate. The Ultimate additon set me back 4.99 and I have no regrets. While my phone is not rooted it also has a section for rooted phones as well to all those rooted fans. I am staying on 4g since i have this program thats one of the reasons i bought the phone anyways. Since using this program for a short amount of time my phone has trained itself to go to wifi when I am at home which is pretty cool of course i can disable that feature. I am going to start a thread about this program as I see some on here use it and make sure I get the best settings and see how everyone else is using the program. I give this program 5 stars so far as my phone on standard battery lasted all day with moderate use before I charged it before going to bed. This is a must have for a bionic imho. Thanks to the verizon sales rep in New York (cant think of his username) who suggested this a few post back on this thread :D Sorry for any typo's i am in a rush.

fucco

Reaction score
I was playing with juice defender for a few days. I could not figure one thing out. Is some one could confirm this. It seems to disable the data aka 3g singal over a period of time or when the screen goes dark and the reconnects to 3g when the screen lights back either manually or automatically. It this correct?? I was noticing that with juice defender installed i was not getting any 3g signal. I was only getting the signal meter on the phone but no 3g icon. It would take sometimes up to and over 10 seconds to connect to 3g (no 4g here). I am in a strong 3g area too. Then when i would like in the settings of the phone under battery usage / cell radio it would list a high percentage of time without a signal. I was thinking this was cause by juice defender doing what it is supposed to do while the phone is blacked out. Is my theroy correct??

gravebelly

Reaction score
I was playing with juice defender for a few days. I could not figure one thing out. Is some one could confirm this. It seems to disable the data aka 3g singal over a period of time or when the screen goes dark and the reconnects to 3g when the screen lights back either manually or automatically. It this correct?? I was noticing that with juice defender installed i was not getting any 3g signal. I was only getting the signal meter on the phone but no 3g icon. It would take sometimes up to and over 10 seconds to connect to 3g (no 4g here). I am in a strong 3g area too. Then when i would like in the settings of the phone under battery usage / cell radio it would list a high percentage of time without a signal. I was thinking this was cause by juice defender doing what it is supposed to do while the phone is blacked out. Is my theroy correct??

Fucco,

I think if there is not a thread started we need to start one. I will go ahead and post one and maybe some of the vets can help us with program. I am still messing with all the settings. I think you will get a delay for about 5 to 10 seconds. The beauty of this program is that 4g or 3g will turn off when phone is not in use saving battery especially for 4g. I noticed that 3g does not suck my battery to bad compared to 4g. Let me get a thread started on this program and vets may be able to tell us the best settings for each section. Do you have free version or the Ultimate version?

fucco

Reaction score
Fucco,

I think if there is not a thread started we need to start one. I will go ahead and post one and maybe some of the vets can help us with program. I am still messing with all the settings. I think you will get a delay for about 5 to 10 seconds. The beauty of this program is that 4g or 3g will turn off when phone is not in use saving battery especially for 4g. I noticed that 3g does not suck my battery to bad compared to 4g. Let me get a thread started on this program and vets may be able to tell us the best settings for each section. Do you have free version or the Ultimate version?

i was using the free version

yiannis

Reaction score

The LTE re-connection speed after sleep varies, it has only taken 10 seconds once on Saturday, now the delay is about 3 seconds and is barely noticeable. My initial impression was negative, but Juice Defender (free) is warming up on me.

scdown

Reaction score

I had to uninstall it - I had it set up basically as a Wifi/4G toggle, so that when Wifi turned on, 4G would turn off, etc. It worked fine, EXCEPT that a couple of times, when turning off Wifi, it would fail to turn on 4G. Pain in the neck. for me. YMMV.

I love the concept - I think it would be fantastic if it didn't take so long to toggle and re-acquire networks, that is, if it were nearly instant instead of 30 seconds to acquire LTE.

The other thing is, I have a friend who bought it (Ultimate), and it didn't work well for him, so he contacted latedroid and asked for a refund. He was told, "you have 15 minutes to evaluate it and get a refund". The problem is, it takes FAR more than 15 minutes to download, run, and determine if the paid Ultimate features do what you need them to do. Note, that I'm talking about the additional features of Ultimate, and not the free features.