Official 2.4.330 D2G sbf from TBH

ryand823

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having trouble getting my Droid 2 Global to show up in RSD Lite. I've tried multiple USB ports to no avail. Any suggestions?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
What system are you using? Xp? Win 7? If on win 7,make sure you are running rsd lite as administrator. Make sure you have downloaded the drivers from motorola.com. dl them again just to make sure

The usb port should be a 2.0 at least.

CM74D2 (v6 supercharged)

ryand823

Reaction score
pc no comprende D2G

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate, and I've redownloaded RSD Lite and drivers several times. I know my computer can see the device because I can reboot the PC with the D2G plugged in and it will come up as an option under the Boot Menu

bfederspill

Reaction score
Try holding the shift key while clicking on RSDLite. That will run it as administrator.

Sent from my "rooted" Droid 2 Global.

djwill48

Reaction score
One thing I noticed was my phone would fail once it got to the bootloader. The huge thing for me was putting it on the root of the C drive and giving the sbf a shorter file name!

ark116

Reaction score
this is also my first time sbf ing. im on windowsn 7 and i cant even install rsd lite, the one posted on this thread. To be honest i didnt read all the pages on this threead so idk if someone else has alrady had this problem. just read the first couple of pages

when i try to install rsd, it just gives me an error and says to restart the process. went threw the helper and nothing. suggestions?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is also my first time sbf ing. im on windowsn 7 and i cant even install rsd lite, the one posted on this thread. To be honest i didnt read all the pages on this threead so idk if someone else has alrady had this problem. just read the first couple of pages

when i try to install rsd, it just gives me an error and says to restart the process. went threw the helper and nothing. suggestions?

Go to youtube..I found a vid for d2 and it gave me one big zip package..a tutorial and unzipped to rsdlite and everything went smooth...hardest part in some cases is just getting the drivers to install..I'm using windows 7 as well.I keep it all set up..remember to unzip the sbf file before placing in rsdlite..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ark116

Reaction score
Go to youtube..I found a vid for d2 and it gave me one big zip package..a tutorial and unzipped to rsdlite and everything went smooth...hardest part in some cases is just getting the drivers to install..I'm using windows 7 as well.I keep it all set up..remember to unzip the sbf file before placing in rsdlite..

Do you remember the name of the vid? Or a link for d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the name of the vid? Or a link for d2g

No man I don't..but it was a droid X.. just go to youtube and search keywords droid sbf to stock...I think there are many many of them..also unlockr has good files too and vids..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No man I don't..but it was a droid X.. just go to youtube and search keywords droid sbf to stock...I think there are many many of them..also unlockr has good files too and vids..

I used and still use rsdlite 4.8..there are newer but this one came from a youtube vid..lol I just searched for the sbf file on droidlife..lemme know how your doing and if you need help..I'm here..I will guide you in any way I can..actually got a day off...lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This is a great visual tool. It's for the dx, but the process is the same as long as you have the right sbf file for your device

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

ark116

Reaction score
I used and still use rsdlite 4.8..there are newer but this one came from a youtube vid..lol I just searched for the sbf file on droidlife..lemme know how your doing and if you need help..I'm here..I will guide you in any way I can..actually got a day off...lol

Ight sweet
Im at work but when I get home ill have to check it out
Ill post back if I have anymore problems

ark116

Reaction score
ight thiis might be dumb to ask
but i went threw the steps and everything was ngoing good until it got to the rebooting part
and now its just bootlooping on my droid screen
it says its still "in progress"
but it also says 100%
and to manually power up this phone
already took the battery out, b ut its still looping

edit:
nevermind thats step 5 lol

Last edited:

EggsZ

Reaction score
This morning, while at work, my (rooted) D2G attempted to do a system update. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, so I rebooted it to stop the update and when it restarted I turned off data access to keep it from attempting the update until I could get home. I downloaded (and extracted) the sbf and installed rsd lite. All was going well with the flash, until it got to about 99%, where it then returned the following error:

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error checking the RAM Downloader (0x709F); phone connected"

I tried a second time, and got the same error.

Now what? =(

Last edited: