Official 2.4.330 D2G sbf from TBH

ch13696

Reaction score
I have all the files necessary already installed. My main problem is that RDLite won't detect the SBF file. Meaning, I can find it, but it won't show up under the file properties and it won't start the process.

I'm running the program as an administrator and I do have the file in my C: root directory.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have all the files necessary already installed. My main problem is that RDLite won't detect the SBF file. Meaning, I can find it, but it won't show up under the file properties and it won't start the process.

I'm running the program as an administrator and I do have the file in my C: root directory.

Is the file extracted? Put it on your desktop, extracted to find it easier.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ch13696

Reaction score

Is the file extracted? Put it on your desktop, extracted to find it easier.

Yep, extracted and everything. Trust me, I've searched eeeeeeeeverywhere on how to get the start button to show. So far, the only answer has been "Windows 7 and RSD Lite don't get along". Hell, I tried renaming the file and placing it in a subfolder. There has to be something I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I've noticed something and I don't know if it makes a difference, but the bootloader shows that it's D0.11. What does that mean?

Last edited:

anchondo

Reaction score
Droid 2 global flash not fixing

I am with Verizon and have a Droid 2 global.
Decided to root my phone and put clockwork recovery on it but started having issues with my phone and was wanting to send my phone in but decided I couldnt send it in like this.

I could not get rid of the clockwork recovery console and it booted into that everytime, so they would have known I rooted it.

I decided to spf flash back to stock. Rsdlite did not work with my win 7 machine and I tried every trick available. I decided to try it through linux and got excited when the flashing began and said it was completed. Rebooted phone to the x, magnify button screen to clear cache and all files. My phone then decided it could only boot into the bootloader screen after that.

I thought maybe i got a bad spf file so I tried an alternative source and again same thing. I also tried the new spf .33 and that one wouldnt flash at all for some reason.

I really need my phone back since it has been down for over a week now because of this.

in bootloader it also gives 2 errors
cant turn on my phone right now to list them since battery is dead but something along the lines of

cannot find cache\command
cache\log

Any suggestions on what i could possibly do.

Bootloader D0.11

I am not usually a noob on these issues as I have plenty of experience jailbreaking Iphones,ipods, and pre's and adjusting system files.

Last edited:

wildbill86

Reaction score
I think I read that when using new windows programs you must open rsd lite as an administrator by holding a keyboard button, don't remember which one. Also make sure you have up to date usb drivers from moto website, 5.0 I think.

Sent from my rooted D2G

anchondo

Reaction score

I had the updated motorola drivers and was using administrator but still no go. From what i understand, it works for some and others it wont. Thats why I went the linux route....

Somehow just now my phone randomly came back on.....then i had to reflash a new rom because sbf flash that apparently came through disabled my wifi.

on 2.4.33 now and my wifi works but my 3g does not.....

baseband N_01.48.05R
kernel 2.6.32.9

Anyone know how to fix that one...?
Problem after problem with this phone.

have reprogrammed using 228 and have 4 bars connectivity
when trying to make a call also it just hangs up at 00:00

Last edited:

ch13696

Reaction score
Finally got it working. I had to dual boot Windows XP onto my beast. What's weird is that all my original stuff is still on the phone. Phone numbers, apps, pictures, etc.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I decided to spf flash back to stock. Rsdlite did not work with my win 7 machine and I tried every trick available. I decided to try it through linux and got excited when the flashing began and said it was completed. Rebooted phone to the x, magnify button screen to clear cache and all files. My phone then decided it could only boot into the bootloader screen after that.

Read the directions again. It does not say boot directly in to the recovery menu after the flash of the sbf file.

anchondo

Reaction score
I cleared all data from recovery mode before I started up my device. Still have the issue of not being able to make or recieve calls. Still have no 3g access

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I cleared all data from recovery mode before I started up my device. Still have the issue of not being able to make or recieve calls. Still have no 3g access
Did you bother reading what I just said to you 2 posts up?

anchondo

Reaction score
fixed

Finally got it fixed.....It was not an error on my part but on Verizons. They had a few things screwed up on my line that they finally fixed and now everything is operational.

Dfit18

Reaction score
its ok i had to search everything. it has to do with computers running windows 7. it seems to be a persistent problem with other people.
Here are step by step instructions:
[1]Go to the folder where you installed RSD Lite
[2]Delete any files that start with "FlashErrorLog"
[3]Right click on "SDL.exe" and click "Run As Administrator"
[4]Move your recovery file to the root C:\ directory
[5]Rename the recovery file to something short, like "r.sbf", so that you will have space left for the filename to overwrite the junk characters
[6]Try flashing the file with RSD Lite - it will most likely fail, don't worry (if it works then good job, you are lucky )
[7]In the RSD Lite folder, open the newly created FlashErrorLog... file
[8]Count the number of junk characters after the real filename - for example if you have this error:

Code:
ERROR: \\?\c:\r.sbfqawñraï was not found.
then the junk characters are "qawñraï" and there are 7 of them, so we are going to add 7 extra letters to the real filename
[9]Rename the file to add the same number of letters/numbers as junk characters in the log file. In this case, we need to add 7, so change the filename to something like "r1234567.sbf" - make sure you add the characters BEFORE the file extension (".sbf"), not after!
[10]Point RSD Lite to the renamed file, click Start, and it should work!

credit goes to Aiesline

i keep getting fail messages while trying to sbf i am on windows 7 but i do not understand the above at all. can someone please explain it to me and how to do it?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have all the right files? Full sbf? Latest drivers? Rsd lite 4.9? If so, you need to be running as administrator on win 7 (when opening rsd lite, right click and select run as administrator). If it still fails, try it on another pc. I used an xp. Is you're usb port a 2.0? That can impact the sbf. Does your bootloader say ok to program? Sorry for all the questions but i'm just trying to cover all bases