The official d2g sbf from TBH

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you P3 and Team Black Hat....

So here is the link to where you can get the sbf.

Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

Below is the procedure for the droid 2 global:

(the video below is just a basic idea of what your screen should look like. Follow the steps in the guide and use the video of the droid x as a visual reference)

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The steps will be the same as the droid 2 except the sbf file will be different. Thanks to team black hat for the sbf file.

SBF file: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + volume up + volume down. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK

Step 2: Plug is your usb cord into the computer you loaded the rsdlite file on

Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator, to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program). Thanks Firesong3k for reminding me about that.

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots. Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.

Step 5: Wait for it to get to 100% and reboot your phone to the motorola "M" symbol first then unplug your device. While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode. From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Enjoy everyone!

I would like to personally thank pc747 for going out of his way to protect TBH's interests by pulling the links to the files when they were posted without consent.
This was entirely his and DF's decision to do so and we appreciate the honorable behavior and respect shown.

We are very happy that all users will now have access to the files and the security they provide for modding your phone.

Nematocys

Reaction score
Being a new guy on the block here at Droid Forums....I too would like to thank TBH and Droid Forums for the time and dedication that they put into all the work they do for the Droid community.

It's especially nice that they provide such excellent support for new and experienced alike.

With that being said....one question: Do you have to "re-activate" your phone after flashing this SBF?

Again to all....THANKS!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone as well. Downloading now, hopefully I won't need it in the future but its nice to have.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

gifferjesus

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen, your work has made me decide to go forward with the purchase of a D2G. I appreciate your efforts.

Edit: I don't suppose an SBF containing the OTA update ( 2.4.330) comes soon, does it? I'll keep an eye out on the app.

chuoitieu

Reaction score
Work like a charm, thank you very much. My D2G is functioning now.

daltond2g

Reaction score
The time we've been waiting for =D dancedroid

rooolllll outtttt

Reaction score
Can someone clarify, if this sbf is the older one, and there is an OTA update that is newer, are we still able to use this? I read somewhere you shouldn't because you chance bricking your phone...

I am a RSDLite noob :)

tebower

Reaction score
Also looking for clarification - as someone who downloaded the SBF from the TBH app, what is the difference between the full SBF and the Boot/System SBF?

Why would I ever want to flash anything but a full version?

In reply to above, I am sure your phone would just pull the most recent update from the Verizon servers and alert you to a new OTA update.

aceperkins

Reaction score
I also would like to thank all those at droidforums and TBH for their ongoing work.

Sixstringed to answer your question, it has been learned now that you can use the current sbf as provided. You will just need to clear cash and data when you go to reboot after the sbf. Once you do that you should be able to access the ota normally or proceed with a custom rom. I believe FISSION by teamdefuse is the only one available as of yet. Someone please confirm this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks Ace! I remember reading a while ago if your phone had a newer version and you flashed an older version sbf you would get into trouble.

Thanks to all that is making this possible. Let's show 'em D2G CAN be just as fun as the D1.

CellZealot

Reaction score
That is definitely the case with other models. You cannot revert to older versions even with SBF files in most cases.

I can definitely confirm that a stock device can be flashed back to the 2.4.29 original release version from the 2.4.33 OTA update without any problems.

The difference between a full SBF and the system/boot SBF is that the full version will flash the radio baseband and will require OTA activation afterward, whereas the system/boot version will not flash the radio and service programming will be preserved.

Neither file will flash the cache or data partitions, which is why it is necessary to wipe the cache partition manually after flashing the 2.4.29 SBF on a device that has 2.4.33 installed. It is the cache partition that is incompatible and causes the bootloop if it isn't manually wiped.

We will very likely be releasing the 2.4.33 SBF as well at some point, but right now this file can be safely used to recover any D2G that is unbootable on either firmware version.

Swirly

Reaction score
Plz some1 explain the sbf to me in 3rd grade level... new to droid

gilmourd

Reaction score
Plz some1 explain the sbf to me in 3rd grade level... new to droid

I did a quick google search and most of the pages found were about how to unbrick a phone. It doesn't really explain how the sbf file and the process goes.

How do SBF files work?

The above post sort of explains it, but I still don't really understand it. If someone could post or post a link to how the process works, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

tebower

Reaction score
The concept of and SBF file is pretty simple. When a cellphone leaves the factory, it has it's software flashed onto it and tested by the manufacturer. They use a specific image file of that software so that it can easily be installed on tons of devices quickly.

The SBF is that file. They are closely protected by manufacturers, and I am not sure how they get obtained for us to use, beyond the notion of someone on the inside "leaking" them.

Having an SBF file is helpful if someone has bricked their device while attempting to modify it's original software. This can be from trying to flash a custom rom, tweaking some OS visual element, or removing a required app from the OS, among others. The ability to flash back to stock can undo most user-created problems.

You use a piece of software available from Motorola, RSDLite, as well as various drivers, to flash this onto your phone from within Windows. This wipes the phones ROM, flashing it to a like-new factory state. Once completed, the phone will need to be set up as if it was just being taken out of the box.

You will want to follow the instructions on the page linked to in the first post, as well as have the drivers extracted and easily available for the flashing process. The step by step process is in the second post on the linked page. I find that the second method works the best.