OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

iPirate

Reaction score
OK, I HAVE A STUPID 2.2 QUESTION...

(My Droid is currently not rooted.) When it eventually receives the official OTA 2.2 update, will I see any changes to the processor clock speed?

...or will I only be able to speed up the processor by rooting and overclocking like many have done?

My biggest goal with my Droid currently is to raise the processor speed. I'm debating if I should just wait for the official Froyo update or root and overclock.

If the official update will bump up my processor speed, I will be content with waiting a week or two (or I suppose a month or two as past version update history shows)

the processor clock speed will not increase with the update... android will run faster though

why do you want to raise the processor speed?

iPirate

Reaction score
Should I wait till my phone updates by itself?

To all of you who have not rooted yet and are wondering if you should root now, just wait. Wait a week or less and get the OTA update and once you are settled in, come back to the rooting idea.

wirezd

Reaction score
if i followed this guide and installed 2.2 on my phone are OTA updates automatically disabled? i want to make sure that my phone doesn't brick next week
can someone please help?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wire im sendin you a pm

dbol

Reaction score

(My Droid is currently not rooted.) When it eventually receives the official OTA 2.2 update, will I see any changes to the processor clock speed?

...or will I only be able to speed up the processor by rooting and overclocking like many have done?

My biggest goal with my Droid currently is to raise the processor speed. I'm debating if I should just wait for the official Froyo update or root and overclock.

If the official update will bump up my processor speed, I will be content with waiting a week or two (or I suppose a month or two as past version update history shows)

the processor clock speed will not increase with the update... android will run faster though

More importantly, why wouldn't you want to? I can think of a hundred reasons to overclock, and only 1 not to...

mthorn79

Reaction score
I used to be rooted & had the Froyo ROM...but now I've decided to go back to 2.1 & wait for the official update. Shouldn't there be a way to get the update & the re-root but still keeping the official update instead of having a ROM version that someone tweaked & risk getting force closes or errors? That way if there is bugs I can call in to support & not worry about having to BS my way pretending I don't have a ROM version of their program?

SparkyXI

Reaction score
So I'm trying to test Flash on teh froyos, and after installing the Adobe Showcase app from the market and opening it, it wants me to install the flash player, which is NOT found in the market. What's the deal there? omg wtf bbq? Anyone else have this issue?

mthorn79

Reaction score
When I was rooted & installed the showcase it brought me to the same "download flash" page on adobe's site...at first I tried & tried & wouldn't work. Then I tried a couple of days later & it automatically installed on my phone & viola! Worked like a charm...& everything worked that was normally blanked out on sites that showed movie clips, etc.

Reaction score
Here is my issue:

I factory reset before i installed this just for a fresh start....now that i have it..they are a couple of PAID APPS MISSING, i cant find it in the market. what do i do?

Reaction score
Here is my issue:

I factory reset before i installed this just for a fresh start....now that i have it..they are a couple of PAID APPS MISSING, i cant find it in the market. what do i do?

I'm missing a game from Studio 3D, games from Com2us, Documents2goFull, the game 'what the doodle', and EasyTether...those apps are missing for me on the market..i can NOT see them or find them when i search, they are also not in 'my downloads' area.

Card

Reaction score
Here is my issue:

I'm missing a game from Studio 3D, games from Com2us, Documents2goFull, the game 'what the doodle', and EasyTether...those apps are missing for me on the market..i can NOT see them or find them when i search, they are also not in 'my downloads' area.

That's weird. EasyTether is still working fine for me.

iPirate

Reaction score

More importantly, why wouldn't you want to? I can think of a hundred reasons to overclock, and only 1 not to...
a hundred? wow!

Well for one, your battery will get used up faster