OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

exp

Reaction score
Vibrate isn't working. The phone is treating vibrate mode as silent mode and no longer shows silent mode as an option when using the volume rocker. Wtf? Stock froyo, non rooted D1. Did a factory reset after installing froyo as well to clean everything out.

r1nstang

Reaction score
running Kangerade V5.0.9 froyo 2.2 but I cant install the Voice Search. I have it on my phone..but i cant update it at all. I keep getting "voice search install unsuccessful" "manual update only"

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I uploaded the v2.2 today as well and at first my bluetooth would not turn on. I ended up having to pull the battery twice to be able to turn it on.

Vibrate mode vibrates but I also have a ring tone as well.

Natetkamp

Reaction score
I unrooted and updated to frg01b and my battery life is now horrible. It doesn't matter how much I use it. The phone idle and cell standby are now the top of the battery list, respectively. Phone idle uses 30 percent of my battery whereas on full brightness, the display use only counts as about 15 percent. The display used to be on the top of the list. I have not been using my phone any more or less. The only cause I can think of is the new frg01b update.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Last edited:

peterpressure

Reaction score
I unrooted and updated to frg01b and my battery life is now horrible. It doesn't matter how much I use it. The phone idle and cell standby are now the top of the battery list, respectively. Phone idle uses 30 percent of my battery whereas on full brightness, the display use only counts as about 15 percent. The display used to be on the top of the list. I have not been using my phone any more or less. The only cause I can think of is the new frg01b update.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??

How long since you did this? If less than 24 hours, just wait, your phone is syncing under the covers. Plug it in. If > 24 hours, not sure, data wipe and try again!

Natetkamp

Reaction score
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??

How long since you did this? If less than 24 hours, just wait, your phone is syncing under the covers. Plug it in. If > 24 hours, not sure, data wipe and try again!

Its been a week since I updated. I noticed the change immediately after. I did a factory rest after I installed it too.

E36M3

Reaction score
Overall 2.2 is working great for me, however, when I shut the phone off I have problems getting it to turn on properly. D1 stock using launcher pro. It loads up fine it seems, then the home screen will show up, then goes dim and phone won't do jack. If I catch it in time and unlock the screen as soon as it first pops up and mess with switching between home screens it is fine. If not then I have to pull the battery and try again. It's very annoying, any ideas? TIA

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Are you getting a good signal? How many bars do you have? Continually searching for a signal will definitely kill the battery.

Are you using any Anti-Virus and/or Task Killer apps? If so ditch them and see if your battery life improves.