Now that you have the Moto Droid, Your opinion on the Keyboard?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Everyone has seen the reviews on the Keyboard all over the net, but I really like to form my own opinion on things. So what is yours?

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Gets better with use

I was able to play with the Droid yesterday before the release and decided I did not like the keyboard enough to switch from my Storm2. I then decided that there will never be a perfect phone so I compromised on the keyboard and got the Droid. I surprised with the keyboard as it is a lot easier to use today than yesterday.

I'm glad I changed.

techguru

Reaction score
It is fine. Not quite as nice as my Touch Pro, but good tactile feedback and the keys aren't too small, at least for my fingers/thumbs.

Alan

DroidChopper1

Reaction score
Is there anyway to slow down the touchscreen keyboard? Seems awfully sensitive and it's hard to text on it.

Thanks!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I say the keyboard isn't TOO bad, but the top row is alittle too close to the screen, if given alittle more room up top, i'd give it a better rating, right now i'm giving it a 6/10

jakedeg

Reaction score
I was worried about the keyboard after reading all major reviews, but I got my Droid this morning and the keyboard is a lot better than I was expecting. I am coming from a Touch pro on VZW, and I would say that the SLIGHTLY shallower keys are more than made up for by the way more logical layout of the keys. I can't tell you how many times I pressed Up Arrow on my TouchPro when I wanted to type M. I can definitely be happy with the Droid keyboard.

kaorte

Reaction score
I come from a phone with a flat keypad so its not that difficult to use.

I will have to get used to it, but its like that with any new phone or keyboard.

texasPI

Reaction score
Wont get mine till tomorrow but I played with one at VZW today its not as bad as I feared. I dislike the D pad more than anything.

robin

Reaction score
I have no issues with it.

It helps that I'm a "blank slate" coming from a dumbphone, plus I'm a female with small to average sized hands.

I'd read all the b'ing and moaning about the keyboard on hofo and was pleasantly surprised once I got my hands on it. I have trouble with the portrait on-screen keyboard, but do very very well with the physical keyboard.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its a little..well..down and to the left. my left thumb is getting sleepy. i like it though!

jay80z

Reaction score
The keyboard is great for me. In fact I used it to post this reply.

This phone kicks major ass.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i don't have one yet but a friend that works with me brought his over today and i got a chance to play with it a good bit and had no issues with the keyboard what so ever... i do wished they had made the D pad smaller though.

Zippster

Reaction score
Its ok, not nearly as bad as originally described IMO, myself though, I find the onscreen fitting my needs perfectly to this point. ( couple hours of owning )

Spartan

Reaction score
Definitely not as bad as was reviewed. I like the landscape virtual keyboard the best and it is WAY better than my Storms, but the physical keyboard is decent as well. I'll be speeding along it in no time.

stiggy

Reaction score
Coming from a vx6800 (htc titan) the keyboard is something I will get used to quickly. The droids keys a flatter and a hair smaller. But I can type quicker than I can with the on screen key board. I may never get used to that one.