Now that you have the Moto Droid, Your opinion on the Keyboard?

fr4c

Reaction score
Looks very cheap and looks like they rushed the design. I haven't really used it and I don't like it. It always looks like it's coming off and wasn't glued in properly. That or I got a bad one.
Motorola seems to have changed the process in which these new keyboards are fitted, because I know there are a ton of keyboards out there that has "rippled keyboards". It seems like if the keyboards aren't cut out properly and slightly larger than the phone recess, causing the keys to bubble out in certain areas. When i bought my droid (March/2010 production date), I made them take out multiple phone before choosing one with a good keyboard.

NoKz

Reaction score
Looks very cheap and looks like they rushed the design. I haven't really used it and I don't like it. It always looks like it's coming off and wasn't glued in properly. That or I got a bad one.
Motorola seems to have changed the process in which these new keyboards are fitted, because I know there are a ton of keyboards out there that has "rippled keyboards". It seems like if the keyboards aren't cut out properly and slightly larger than the phone recess, causing the keys to bubble out in certain areas. When i bought my droid (March/2010 production date), I made them take out multiple phone before choosing one with a good keyboard.

My keys aren't "Rippled". They're actually raised.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/25673-your-droid-physical-keyboard.html

fr4c

Reaction score

My keys aren't "Rippled". They're actually raised.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/25673-your-droid-physical-keyboard.html
Yours was from a small number of initial production runs that has a different keyboard. The only other person I know who has that keyboard works for VZW, which he received launch day. They majority of keyboards out now are of the flat variation, with more recent ones having the flat keyboard bubble out across the keyboard where theres creases for the rows of keys.

leclair0016

Reaction score
Personally, after I lost my swype (thanks alot) i have been using the keyboard alot more and find it easier to speed type or be more precise in my typing (like for a website). I know you can add words to the stock dictionary but wouldnt be a problem if I just had my swype back... :(

Otherwise I rarely use the keyboard, i mean, its a touch-screen isnt it? haha

naykam0810

Reaction score
Keyboard

:blackdroid: I came from the Iphone, and didn't like the keyboard at first but after a couple of weeks I got used to it. Also, the HTC Hero keyboard is awesome, I love the Droid:icon_ banana:

camrydad

Reaction score
I just got my Droid yesterday and I didn't mind it at all, I come from BB. My only gripe at the time was the top does not have enough room at the top but now I've gotten used to it. I'm also getting used to using the onscreen keyboard.

slinky

Reaction score
I despised the keyboard but figured I'd have to learn how to use it. Now I'm much better on it. It's no portrait keyboard ala the Curve, which is easily the best keyboard to type on but the buttons are more slightly raised than I thought and I got much more used to it. There was no way I was buying a phone with a virtual keyboard. The iPhone taught me how many mistakes you still make with a good virtual and spell correction.

markwebb

Reaction score
First smartphone for me with a physical QWERTY keyboard.

After testing different brands and models at Verizon store (BB's, etc), I don't think it is the best...or the worst.

I have gotten used to it. It suits my needs.

But, LG ENV3 has a GREAT keyboard...it just is not a smartphone. Otherwise, for a "feature phone," LG ENV 3 is head and shoulders above the Droid for a physical QWERTY keyboard.

junpar

Reaction score
The keyboard was a lot better than the reviews made me think it would be. It's very usable if you have smaller hands.

frayed

Reaction score
I find the physical keyboard unusable. It seems sorta funny to me because it is the very reason I bought the Motorola over the Eris. I use to have the LG dare and after using that phone I decided to never get a phone with an on-screen keyboard again. But now that I have my Droid I only use the on screen keyboard. But I am still glad I did not get the Eris from what I read that phone is a disappointment to most users. Back on subject. The Motorola Droid should have raised buttons on the physical keyboard like most blackberry's that would make this a perfect phone.