Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Samsung has responded to The Verge.

Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note7. We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause. Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share.

Sent from my Moto Z

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well I got my new replacement two weeks ago. Flew on Southwest last friday and they never mentioned about turning note 7 off. I was even watching a movie , while I was being served Sprite.
Very hard time believing that. I flew Thursday and Sunday. Hears it announced at every gate. They even have it all over their site.

5f962b2a51456176423aeb78744ee645.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be unrelated to the previous battery issues..... just a feeling...
Ditto! For some reason, I think it's going to turn out to be purposefully consumer caused. Everyone hold off on the rage bc I'm skeptical, just saying. It just seems to be a perfect opportunity for people to try to get in on the Sammy limelight. Shoot, who knows, could be an iPhone employee doing what it can to make Sammy look bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ditto! For some reason, I think it's going to turn out to be purposefully consumer caused. Everyone hold off on the rage bc I'm skeptical, just saying. It just seems to be a perfect opportunity for people to try to get in on the Sammy limelight. Shoot, who knows, could be an iPhone employee doing what it can to make Sammy look bad.

Lol wouldn't that be ironic? Itoy employee.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh gee, look at the last sentence in this story..."He has already replaced it with an iPhone 7." Imagine that, he replaced it with an iPhone 7. Not another android phone like Motorola, Nexus, LG but an iPhone. Most android owners would replace it with another android.

And the pic of the burnt phone doesn't look like the pics of exploding battery phones. It will be interesting to find out what happened.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I heard somewhere that this was a replacement Note 7 too. So (seemingly) this should have not been an issue. I still have a feeling this is a bigger deal than it needs to be.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10

This smells fishy to me also. And he replaced it with an iPhone? How did he do that when the authorities have the phone. Much like the Chinese battery fire. Faked for attention and who knows what else. Love the Apple employee idea but it might be a fanboy but I seriously doubt they would do something that could be traced back to them. If real I also agree that the USBC is a more likely candidate.

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
This sucks. lol I actually really wanted a Note 7. I even bought the old Note Edge, just to have use of the edge panel, and the S-Pen. I LOVE it. But I wanted the extra power that came with the Note 7, along with its camera. But now Im not so sure. Guess its going to be Pixel XL for me, if someone wants my Nexus 6P.

The 6P also has Type C, but never any issues. I cant image the charger is putting out any more power during fast charge than the 6P takes on fast charge. It could simply be an overall design flaw, and nothing specific to the battery or the USB port. Who knows. Maybe the Note 8 will fix it all? If it does, Id hold out for it. Its not like Samsung to make bad phones, at all. This is probably the biggest fluke in their design history. It'll pass.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This sucks. lol I actually really wanted a Note 7. I even bought the old Note Edge, just to have use of the edge panel, and the S-Pen. I LOVE it. But I wanted the extra power that came with the Note 7, along with its camera. But now Im not so sure. Guess its going to be Pixel XL for me, if someone wants my Nexus 6P.

The 6P also has Type C, but never any issues. I cant image the charger is putting out any more power during fast charge than the 6P takes on fast charge. It could simply be an overall design flaw, and nothing specific to the battery or the USB port. Who knows. Maybe the Note 8 will fix it all? If it does, Id hold out for it. Its not like Samsung to make bad phones, at all. This is probably the biggest fluke in their design history. It'll pass.
But is Samsung using the same wiring and tech as Huawei?

Yeah at this point just wait for the S8 edge. By then they would have figured all this out. I feel like the note 7 is like the thunderbolt. It's out and they are just scrambling to put something out to silence the noise. Right now Samsung looks to be "patching" because to truly fix it requires going back to the drawing board.

The HTC rezound was the thunderbolt with all the issues fixed from the ground up. I see the same being for the s8 edge.

shockracer

Reaction score
IMO people are over reacting a bit much. Samsung has denounced 26 Note 7s as having a battery issue. The wife and I are on second ones (first ones were recalled) and have had zero issues with either one of them. I've charge my Note with a lot of different charges even wireless. If you want one get one, if you're over paranoid then wait.

R

RETG

I have a friend who I used to work with tell me it is ironic, he has to turn off his Samsung, but he can keep his SIG loaded during flight. Gotta love the irony.:)