No upgrade for me in sight

Shmooze

Reaction score
Well with all of these new droids coming out this year, I have not found one that would really substantiate an upgarde from my droid. Whats the word on this droid pro business? and who else will be getting one of the two droids being released in the next month? and Finally what are you anticipating mostly? Thanks for the input my fellow techies as this my help my current sitch

clucernoni

Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. None of the Droids due out soon seem like a huge upgrade and with Froyo now on my Moto Droid, I don't need any more speed and am perfectly happy with how it is running now. I'm waiting for the Droid Pro at the end of the year. To be honest, i've never been happier with my Droid than I am now with Froyo.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
By the time most of us are able to upgrade next summer there will be a whole new generation of Droids for us to oogle over.

My Droid and I have been best friends for 6 months so far... and although I look at every new handset as they are announced, nothing has smacked me upside the head and said "I'm better!" yet.

It'll be fun to watch all the D2 and DX jubilation over the next few months.. and then DroidPro around Christmas time... but none of those phones will stand up to whatever little trick Moto and VZW have up their sleeves for the time when nearly half a million original Droid users are ready to upgrade.

They know they have a superstar with the Droid... and they know a LOT of people will be ready to upgrade around the same time... theres no doubt in my mind that something special will be released right at the 20 month mark.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
By the time most of us are able to upgrade next summer there will be a whole new generation of Droids for us to oogle over.

My Droid and I have been best friends for 6 months so far... and although I look at every new handset as they are announced, nothing has smacked me upside the head and said "I'm better!" yet.

It'll be fun to watch all the D2 and DX jubilation over the next few months.. and then DroidPro around Christmas time... but none of those phones will stand up to whatever little trick Moto and VZW have up their sleeves for the time when nearly half a million original Droid users are ready to upgrade.

They know they have a superstar with the Droid... and they know a LOT of people will be ready to upgrade around the same time... theres no doubt in my mind that something special will be released right at the 20 month mark.

+1.

When it is time for the many Moto Droid owners to upgrade, that is whne they will drop their 2ghz Moto Droid. Until then as far as customizing a phone, the Moto Droid and Nexus 1 will remain in the for front. Everything esle that is being release is a carbon copy of another phone. Droid X=EVO
Droid Inc=Nexus 1(not really). With a rooted Droid we have the speed and abilities of all of the newer phones except for HDMI output and i think you can only put out movies that you recard, not movies that you download. Although I could be wrong on that one.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Droid Pro is what I am waiting for. Granted the Droid Xtreme and Droid 2 with Froyo will perform about 20% - 25% better than a Droid OC'ed to 1.1 to 1.2 Ghz when running Froyo. Honestly though that little bit of performance doesn't wanna make me jump out and get one even though they are absolutely kick ass handsets.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my MotoDroid on 11-6

I was curious yesterday so I checked my online Verizon account and being on a two year, new every two plan (which is actuallly new every 20 months) I am not eligible for an upgrade untill 7-6-2011

Wonder what Verizon has up it's sleeve for Summer 2011

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
i used my wife's upgrade to get my droid, so i have my upgrade available right now... but nothing i see makes me want to upgrade. 4.3 inch screen... awesome, but to big for my pocket. 1ghz. nice.. i overclocked my droid though.

i'm waiting to upgrade until it appears as though no future updates will be given to my moto droid. unless of course something comes out that blows my mind

tgs3838

Reaction score
I have an upgrade at the beginning of next year i believe. So far Iv been happy with my Droid. And i haven't even rooted it yet. so i guess if i get bored i can finally figure out how to do that. But none of the new phones really jump out at me as something i must have.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Like you guys, I haven't seen anything I'd want to give up my Droid for......yet.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I got my MotoDroid on 11-6

I was curious yesterday so I checked my online Verizon account and being on a two year, new every two plan (which is actuallly new every 20 months) I am not eligible for an upgrade untill 7-6-2011

Wonder what Verizon has up it's sleeve for Summer 2011

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Well if you use Verizon online, you maybe registered in a little unknown program where you can get a new phone every year. The only thing is that in order to get the phone you have to call verizon customer service. This program does not show up on the internet so you cannot see any discounts that you would be eligible for. I am on this program so if I want every year I can call verizon customer service and get a new phone. I too got my phone Nov. 09 (actually the 10th) so come November I could get a new one if I wanted. But I am with y'all, there is nothing out there right now or coming soon that will make me give up my Droid. I have it oc'd to 1.2 and I am loving it.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Is anyone else waiting to see what 4G options they're going to offer? It seems like it might be a bad idea to grab the pro when it comes out, with 4G (potentially?) right around the corner.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Good Point^ the way they update the Droid though, I would think they would make the Pro 4G ready even if 4G wasn't quite ready, and then when it is ready you would just get an OTA update and BAM 4G

dclutter1

Reaction score
^Good Point^ the way they update the Droid though, I would think they would make the Pro 4G ready even if 4G wasn't quite ready, and then when it is ready you would just get an OTA update and BAM 4G

That would make me think about getting the Droid Pro, otherwise, I think I'll wait for a 4G option. On the other hand though, I'm also waiting to see what the 4G data plans are going to look like (price:data limit) so, that could be a factor as well.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I will most likely get the Droid Pro when its released at the end of the year. What i'm REALLY hoping that it will have is a 4 inch screen or larger , android 3.0, and for the device to be 4g ready

stevehy

Reaction score
I will wait for a moto droid with lte as my next upgrade. Until then I am quite happy with my droid.