GSM Droid?

Reaction score
Hi there.

I've had my Droid now for over a month and I absolutely love it.

My dad has an older global Verizon phone - one of the few they offer - since he travels out of the country for business a few times per year. He is letting me iron out the kinks of the Android operating system before he gets his and lets me give him the run down on how to use it effectively. Such is the duty of growing up in the techie age.

My question is, are there any signs of a GSM Droid (such as the Motorola Milestone) coming to the US anytime soon? With his current phone working well, he's in no real rush to upgrade (though the draw of being able to collect and reply to emails on the go is big for him). He likes what he sees in my Droid and wants to avoid the Blackberry crowd.

He wants a phone that runs on Verizon but that he can keep with him overseas. Any word on phones running Android that will qualify as world phones under Verizon?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Milestone's really not relevant as it's not a hybrid device, IIRC. I'm surprised that I haven't run across any hybrid devices. I'd think that the Nexus One should have been such a device.

OP
D
Reaction score
It's been tough finding info on the availability of that feature on Verizon. I have a fairly rudimentary understanding of CDMA/GSM (better than some, but nothing compared to seasoned cutting edge electronics people) and I'm shocked that these phones aren't being launched global-ready.