Droid Incredible 2 Sense UI (I envy)

jadawgis732

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jonas and I've own a Droid Incredible for about a year now.

Yesterday, my dad finally decided to jump on the smartphone bandwagon, and he asked me to come with him to Verizon, with the intent on getting a white iPhone (because he owns AAPL stock).

I convinced him that widgets were the biggest difference in what separated the iOS and Android and he finally opted for a droid incredible 2. (Does anyone else think that eschewing widgets is a major oversight on Apple's behalf? Having to launch an application just to get the weather seems ridiculous to me).

Anyway, after setting up his phone I realized that the HTC Sense widgets were much polished as compared to my version. Checking the software versions on both models revealed that the ADR6300 (DI1) runs Android 2.2 whereas the ADR6350 (DI2) runs 2.2.1.

Is there a way that I can run the Sense UI widgets from the ADR6350 on my phone? Can I extract an APK somehow?

I can post side by side comparisons if anyone is interested. Thanks.

John18

Reaction score
[video=youtube;AbwI2-nJ0Tw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbwI2-nJ0Tw]YouTube - Weezer- My Name Is Jonas[/video]

matt2783

Reaction score
^^^ Hahah that's pretty funny

I don't think you can get an updated version of Sense, (you may be able to get the widgets you're looking for in custom ROMS but I'm not sure) but HTC has confirmed the Inc is getting android 2.3 this summer. I'm sure that update will also include the latest version of sense so you should be brought up to speed by then.