upgrading on verizon

rjm5151

Reaction score
when i look at my account it shows my contract runs out in 7 months.

I clicked on early upgrade and tried to go through the steps choosing Droid X and it gave me the new two year contract price of 199.99.

Is this right??

If I do this will it eliminate an upgrade again in 7 months, if they are giving me the two year contract pricing at all times i may wait until the newer phones are released.

I always assumed i would need to pay full retail before my 2 year contract was up.

Out of Sync

Reaction score
I could be mistaken so dont quote me but verizon is doung away with 2 year discount upgrades so I think they are teying to get everyone to up now or maybe the opportunity too before the change takes full hold. Their way of leveling the feild before bulldozing it so to speak.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
That was my thought at first. Wondering if this will go away and I should take advantage of upgrading now. I think i may prefer to the next wave of new android phones in the next few months if this pricing would still be available. May have to jump on it now and order the Droid X.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
You are upgrading with 7 months to go so you pay for the phone.
And you are not choosing the cheapest one they have.
;)

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
You are upgrading with 7 months to go so you pay for the phone.
And you are not choosing the cheapest one they have.
;)

not sure what u mean with either point. Full retail for the droid X is 600 and they are giving me 200. When i look on verizon site as new customer they also offer 200.

And what are u saying is the cheapest???

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the cheapest right now is either the r2 droid 2 or maybe the fascinate. Anyway for a complete answer you should probably just go to verizon and lay out your situation. As it stands now, yes they are changing the new every 2 policy but that shouldn't matter for you since you signed a contract almost 2 years ago. Changing the rules on you specifically would be breaking the contract. So as far as I'm concerned you should be able to wait till your contract is up and get one of the next line of droids. However I don't work for verizon, nor do I know the lengths they'll go to to try and screw you over.

tappin and a talkin

jeepxj96

Reaction score
im wondering about this upgrade as well. im due in 4 months and would like to replace my slow droid 1. so im not sure if i should go with the X or fasinate. but the cheap pricing at the moment has me interested.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Dell had a sale on the Droid X for $49. Shop around, Verizon is the most exspensive place to buy.

jeepxj96

Reaction score
Dell had a sale on the Droid X for $49. Shop around, Verizon is the most exspensive place to buy.
But isnt the only way to get it for that price is if, you are starting a new contract? i dont think you can renew for the price. i hope im wrong cuz for 50 bucks im sold.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
But isnt the only way to get it for that price is if, you are starting a new contract? i dont think you can renew for the price. i hope im wrong cuz for 50 bucks im sold.

Yes this exactly. The reason i was surprised by this was because of the fact that full retail was so expensive, I dont wanna bring it to verizons attention if it is a mistake lol

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I clicked on early upgrade and tried to go through the steps choosing Droid X and it gave me the new two year contract price of 199.99.
I always assumed i would need to pay full retail before my 2 year contract was up.
See the first part I quoted -- this is precisely what "early upgrade" means. ;)