No root stock OTA testers

cbrmike

Reaction score
Can we keep this about the OTA on stock Bionic's only, not forever this and thory that .

To anyone who got the update on a bone stock Bionic, can you give a review on how it is on the bone stock Bionic software.

ekf028

Reaction score
Can we keep this about the OTA on stock Bionic's only, not forever this and thory that .

To anyone who got the update on a bone stock Bionic, can you give a review on how it is on the bone stock Bionic software.

Its all the same, bone stock or rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Reaction score
Yes, it might be the same to you, but the orignal poster only wants opnions from the crowd that recieved the update ota.

OP
C

cbrmike

Reaction score
Not everyone roots the phone but all the info on the OTA usually turns into "does it retain this" or "if I applied the leaked that" so I just wanted this thread to be about the OTA on plain jane Bionic's.

txrover

Reaction score
It improved, but diss not appear to fix the wireless data drops. I've had to airplane mode twice since the update. I do find that i've got better 3g and actually see 1x now at my house where the signal is weak.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Cinoib

Reaction score

Please try to understand that there are many of us that have a passion about these wonderful devices so when something goes bump in the night we reach out to whatever or whomever might know a little more then we do.

Now then I got the update and installed it Friday afternoon. I have 5.5.893. And it has helped! The camera is far more responsive. It works now like it should have. Most importantly I haven't dropped 4g yet after the update.

The trade off was that I lost root (sorry Mike). I will not try to re-root until ics is delivered and installed.

While I miss the root the phone is now what it should have been thanks to the update.

txrover

Reaction score
Headphone whine is gone. Camera does indeed appear to be improved , faster focus.
Cell coverage is definitely better, despite the hiccups I mentioned before.