no in store pre-order

steveinil

Reaction score
I was just told at a corporate store that they won't do any preorders just show up on the 15th and buy your new Droid X

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I was told the same today from a Corporate Store Manager. He seemed to imply that supply would not be an issue á la Incredible.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If your concerned, order online and have it the next day....

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
You can pre-order at Best Buy (in-store only). Also, I went to a local Cellular Connection store (they're an authorized VW vendor) and I was able to reserve one there as well (albeit, somewhat unofficially), so you might be able to do something like that at various third-party resellers. I mean, you KNOW those sales ppl who work on commission will have no problem working on-the-side deals with people for them to reserve fairly-guaranteed sales!

drvfast

Reaction score
Pre Order

I was able to pre order through VZW today and will have the phone shipped to my house. Not sure if many people know that VZW will let you pre order the phone. Just a FYI.

sheba611

Reaction score
Preorder thru VZW?

I was able to pre order through VZW today and will have the phone shipped to my house. Not sure if many people know that VZW will let you pre order the phone. Just a FYI.

How were you able to preorder thru VZW? Did you call them or go to a corporate store? I checked online and it is not available to order.:confused:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

How were you able to preorder thru VZW? Did you call them or go to a corporate store? I checked online and it is not available to order.:confused:

I'm not sure but perhaps it was done based on an Incredible pre-order. I have no idea if there's truth in that story but it COULD be that you could order an Incredible on back-order and then call in and tell them you'd rather have a Droid X than an Incredible since it's back-ordered for so long.

johnny9374

Reaction score
ive spoken with 2 different cs reps and they are NOT doing preorders they are giving people the option if you ordered the incredible to opt out for the droid x instead

sic0048

Reaction score
I also take this as a good sign. Clearly Verizon expects to have enough stock to handle the demand. They use preorders when they supply is expected to be lower than the demand. That way they control the number of "preorders" to just the stock on hand and it helps defuse any angry people that didn't get a phone.

I guess it is possible that demand will exceed supply. But it doesn't sound like Motorola is having any manufacturing delays that have plauged HTC. I guess it helps to make your own screens. ;)

armalite

Reaction score
I went to verizon today to ask about pre ordering through them and the rep said no but they will have plenty of phones on hand on the 15th, we'll see.

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
yeah when i started this i was also told they would have loads of them on hand. so who knows... i am not getting one anyway just saying... waiting for the 4g phones... lol

Signum

Reaction score
yeah when i started this i was also told they would have loads of them on hand. so who knows... i am not getting one anyway just saying... waiting for the 4g phones... lol

you'll be waiting until Q1 next year for 4g phones then lol

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I was able to pre order my X today. They said it was only for people who ordered the incredible though like the above poster said.