Nexus or S3 The pending Divorce?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I'm actually very happy with my Nexus, and I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz (though I understand it's a bit nicer these days). The Nexus appealed to me because it's stock Android which I haven't had since I moved away from the G1. I'm really enjoying the stock experience and would like my next phone to be a Nexus or at least be stock again. 4.0.4 seems to be much better than 4.0.2 so far so even if we don't see anymore updates I could easily live with my Nexus for another year.

mikespe

Reaction score
Talking to a coworker today who is on Sprint (I'm on VZN) about the S3. We're both getting sick of being locked into these long term contracts, me especially now since VZN will be gradually phasing out unlimited plans (don't let them fool you...they ARE going to eliminate unlimited data over time. I'll bet that was the plan all along!). We've both been hearing T-Mobile has been getting much better in our area & have heard good things about them (here anyway). We're both thinking of buying a S3 at full price & going month to month on T-Mobile keeping our current plans until they run out. T-Mobile offers a month-to-month data only plan that we can use to just try out the phone & network to see if it's worth leaving our current providers. I used to praise VZN for their great quality & fair plans. But now with unlimited on it's way out might as well go with a cheaper carrier if I can get just as good quality.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Never Samsung, Never Again. I miss the reliability of my og droid and it is still in almost like new condition plus I have all of the docks that came out with it on launch day.

I'm even thinking about selling the nexus and reactivating my OG to use until my early upgrade comes up.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DesktopDevin said:
Never Samsung, Never Again. I miss the reliability of my og droid and it is still in almost like new condition plus I have all of the docks that came out with it on launch day.

I'm even thinking about selling the nexus and reactivating my OG to use until my early upgrade comes up.

Even rooted or with the new update you're having problems?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the GNEX. I'm sticking with it. I think it's the best looking phone out there. Also it's vanilla android and works great.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Even rooted or with the new update you're having problems?

Let me refer you to my last post in the Screenshot thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...y-nexus-screenshot-thread-15.html#post2114849

Was Running AOKP with a carbon glass theme and flashed with the imm76k radio before I did a factory reset, wiped everything including formatting the storage area to make sure no critters were left behind before I flashed with 4.02 and relocked it with wugs toolkit to prep for the OTA.

And as par for the course if I am outdoors it gets a great signal, go indoors it turns to crap. My OG droid would get a great signal in the very same place my nexus will not even work.

I was leary about leaving MOTO for a Samsung phone just for this reason. It turns out my fears came true. Beautiful fast snappy device with no reception.

I think it will be replacing my OG as being used as an ipod touch for my wife so I can get my reliable reception back.

nleksan

Reaction score
I had the chance to play with the GS3 and while it's no doubt a great phone, I just don't see it as being superior to the GNex in any way... I went with the Galaxy Nexus because I believed it would be the only phone that would not be outdated/faded into obscurity by the end of 2-2.5yrs and so far, with all of the recent phone releases, I have felt completely correct!

I honestly don't see much need to upgrade until "true 4G" becomes a reality, necessitating actual new hardware... When I can get 100MBs Up and Down anywhere I go, sure, I'll buy a phone that is colored pink and shaped like a certain bit of male anatomy, but that's a long way off... I mean, come on: WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN 4G YET!