dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sbenson said:
I dunno man, Jake is very dedicated to JellyBelly, but didn't you get sick of his "fixes?" I ran it for a long time and it seems every time he "fixed" something, he broke something else. I definitely wouldn't recommend JellyBelly to a noob, he's better off sticking to something that's stable.

I was running 5.4 and everything worked fine. But you're right there was a fix every week. Never ran into any problems. AOKP is the same, build every week or so lol

Nexus using Droid Forums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a good point, I have been on JB since 1.x. It seemed more stable in the 3.x -4.x days (about 3 weeks ago, lol). Its now up to 6.3 and new stuff comes out everyday. i wouldn't recommend it to someone who is new to flashing, but it is still a very good rom. That said I have been thinking about trying something new and BB is sounding like a smooth, stable stock-llike alternative to JB. How often does Peter push updates out?

Here's the thread for his ROM: [ROM][JB][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

This is where his downloads are. Scroll to the bottom for his JB releases. You can see from there how often he updates.

alboboy10

Reaction score

pool_shark

Reaction score
I read about the S3 a while back and the only thing that got my interest was the pop up video player. I researched that and found super video which does the same thing.

The camera: I hated the camera on the Nexus when I first got it, the pictures were blurry and tapping to focus limited the ability to take quick shots. I installed camera zoom and the pics were better but still not good. Then I installed ICSourcery and they had a bitrate mod and that greatly improved the camera.
Since switching to JBSourcery I no longer need the bitrate mod and the camera still takes good pics.

Battery life has never been an issue for me. I use my phone more than my laptop so I don't expect to have good battery life, and I charge my phone frequently.