Trade s3 for nexus?

alboboy10

Reaction score
tgyberg said:
Yes I was! So really, you cant see the black box in my sig that says BAMF?

No I cant lol.

How's battery life? Is it good. My battery now is decent its not horrible but it can be a lot better. My phone also gets hot very quickly. I'm assuming a rom won't help with that

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try mmuzzy jro03l . Its on xda. Runs very cool and sips battery. Probably the best battery I ever got out of my nexus. The downside is its basically stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No I cant lol.

How's battery life? Is it good. My battery now is decent its not horrible but it can be a lot better. My phone also gets hot very quickly. I'm assuming a rom won't help with that

Ahh, now I get it! Sorry about that! I'm running BAMF Paradigm with franco.kernel and I'm getting really good battery and actually for some reason my phone doesnt get nearly as hot!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

alboboy10

Reaction score
pc747 said:
Try mmuzzy jro03l . Its on xda. Runs very cool and sips battery. Probably the best battery I ever got out of my nexus. The downside is its basically stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For me that's not a downside. I like my phone to be as stock as possible. I love the way the nexus looks I don't want any extras on it. I'll check out this and the bamf rom as well. Bamf had a good reputation with the thunderbolt!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
For me that's not a downside. I like my phone to be as stock as possible. I love the way the nexus looks I don't want any extras on it. I'll check out this and the bamf rom as well. Bamf had a good reputation with the thunderbolt!

Bamf has been great, not one issue. They have a few really nice extras but not some overwhelming amount. The things I use are the additional lock screen targets and when long pressing the power button, you get a "reboot" option. That's all I need! :biggrin:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you like stock, try Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast. I've been running it for over a week now and its rock solid. Runs ice cold and has incredible battery life.

Here's the thread: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/9621-[ROM][JB][ICS][AOSP]-Bugless-Beast

That thread can be confusing, here's the direct download page. Scroll all the way to the bottom for the latest JB ROM. http://download.peteralfonso.com/toro/rom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I'll check them all out when I get back!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was running jellybelly for weeks and it is certainly based off the stock ROM. There are themes you can use to change it up like I did but other than that its pretty much stock with better performance all around

Nexus using Droid Forums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was running jellybelly for weeks and it is certainly based off the stock ROM. There are themes you can use to change it up like I did but other than that its pretty much stock with better performance all around

Nexus using Droid Forums

I dunno man, Jake is very dedicated to JellyBelly, but didn't you get sick of his "fixes?" I ran it for a long time and it seems every time he "fixed" something, he broke something else. I definitely wouldn't recommend JellyBelly to a noob, he's better off sticking to something that's stable.

Hugg727

Reaction score
I dunno man, Jake is very dedicated to JellyBelly, but didn't you get sick of his "fixes?" I ran it for a long time and it seems every time he "fixed" something, he broke something else. I definitely wouldn't recommend JellyBelly to a noob, he's better off sticking to something that's stable.

This is a good point, I have been on JB since 1.x. It seemed more stable in the 3.x -4.x days (about 3 weeks ago, lol). Its now up to 6.3 and new stuff comes out everyday. i wouldn't recommend it to someone who is new to flashing, but it is still a very good rom. That said I have been thinking about trying something new and BB is sounding like a smooth, stable stock-llike alternative to JB. How often does Peter push updates out?