Silly to Get a Galaxy Nexus Now?

npro1464

Reaction score
Since I found out about the GS3 bootloader, I've been considering returning my S3 or exchanging it for Galaxy Nexus. Is it silly to get one now though? The phone is 9 months old, and Google is supposed to release a couple more Nexus devices coming up soon, right? But we haven't heard much rumors about the new Nexuses, it's been all about the Nexus 7. So I wonder if the next Nexus device will take longer to come out than expected. I also was toying around with the idea of waiting til next May when my contract expires and going with a GSM Nexus since they are so reasonably priced. However, Google didn't start off by sellling the GSM GNex so cheap, right?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I personally would wait or buy a used one on eBay or Craigslist. Since you will probably want to drop the big money on the newer, and allegedly greater selection, of Nexus devices. November isn't so far away.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally would wait or buy a used one on eBay or Craigslist. Since you will probably want to drop the big money on the newer, and allegedly greater selection, of Nexus devices. November isn't so far away.

Agree completely. I love my Nexus, but with the new Nexus about to drop (crossing fingers Verizon gets one), I think it's best to avoid any kind of upgrade that locks you into a 2 year contract. Buying used or simply waiting will allow you to see how the next Nexus fairs. If Verizon doesn't get it, no harm no foul.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
new Nexus about to drop?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd wait until your contract is up and leave Verizon for a GSM carrier. Verizon is slowly trying to cripple the Verizon modding community. I'm leaving when my contract is up, which can't come soon enough.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
<-- now with T-Mobile, and besides the LTE speeds, I miss nothing, especially not the bill.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would switch except Verizon has best service in my area

Psykho

Reaction score
npro1464 said:
Since I found out about the GS3 bootloader, I've been considering returning my S3 or exchanging it for Galaxy Nexus. Is it silly to get one now though? The phone is 9 months old, and Google is supposed to release a couple more Nexus devices coming up soon, right? But we haven't heard much rumors about the new Nexuses, it's been all about the Nexus 7. So I wonder if the next Nexus device will take longer to come out than expected. I also was toying around with the idea of waiting til next May when my contract expires and going with a GSM Nexus since they are so reasonably priced. However, Google didn't start off by sellling the GSM GNex so cheap, right?

There's a developers SG3 with a unlocked bootloader coming to Verizon supposedly..

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
So,you're sayin-T mobile 4G speeds are just as fast as VZW's?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

He's saying he doesn't miss anything except the 4g LTE speeds of Verizon. Meaning Verizon is faster than T-Mobile.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Personally, I'd wait until your contract is up and leave Verizon for a GSM carrier. Verizon is slowly trying to cripple the Verizon modding community. I'm leaving when my contract is up, which can't come soon enough.

This. You do a little reading about how you can go pre pay with low minutes and unilmited text & data and you will want to bomb vzw for robbing you blind!