Nexus or rezound?

thrgk

Reaction score
Buying one of these used both are $280 rez comes with 2 extended battery and case nexus doesn't. Which should I get and why? Care about battery and not having dropped internet. Phone sure not internet tho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you live in a strong 4g area? Why do you want to switch from your Bionic(just curious)? What exactly are you looking for in a phone?

I can only vouch for the Nexus of course. I live in a strong 4g area and have never dropped a call or internet, well internet once or twice, but it came right back on, probably lost it switching towers. The battery on the stock ROM/kernel is mediocre at best on the Nexus and the same can be said about the Rezound. Both have big beautiful screens so it's pretty much a tie there, though I did notice that the Rezound has certain angles where it's not as visible, could be an advantage or disadvantage.

The only knock I can really think of against the Nexus are its weak radios, which I noticed when I was down in socal. Ended being stuck on 3g most of my time there but it may be due to the area, as alot of people don't get too good a signal down there. Other than the radios, I really can't think of anything to put against the Nexus, other than battery life, which can be fixed with ROMs.

If you are into rooting and ROMing, this isn't even a debate, the Nexus wins, hands down. Need more convincing? Jelly Bean.

Both phones are very good devices. Out of the box, stock for stock, I'd have to give it to the Rezound. However, if you did get the Nexus for rooting and ROMing, really no competition, especially with JB ROMs based off AOSP now.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Well I'm sure there is a nice de bloated rom for the rezound

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

Rezound doesn't appear to have that much available in terms of ROMs. At least not in comparison to the Nexus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I'm sure there are. And the ROMs are solid from what I've seen. But if you're like me and ROM to get the latest and greatest, you can't top a Nexus.

Have you seen JellyBean?