Need a case...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I hate the giant Android on the back - it's too gaudy for me. Is that the only version with the volume cut-out?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My recommendation is to go to your local Verizon and ask to try the black silicon case - you put your own phone in it and you can tell how it feels and fits.

I will tell you that I don't believe there is anything grippier than the Verizon Silicon.

x25064

Reaction score
Honestly I hate the giant Android on the back - it's too gaudy for me. Is that the only version with the volume cut-out?

Yes but it takes all if two seconds to cut out a hole where the volume rocker is with an exacto knife. The mold has a border where the rocker is so you just follow that and it comes out perfect.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes but it takes all if two seconds to cut out a hole where the volume rocker is with an exacto knife. The mold has a border where the rocker is so you just follow that and it comes out perfect.

1) I don't have an exacto knife.

2) If I did I would probably cut the case in half.

3) My current silicon Verizon case doesn't have the volume cut out but it's not an issue because it's molded so you don't press the volume by accident.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
The Teal one is in stock. Not bad looking, Will judge more in person, but I'm actually quite fond of the Droid on the back. Kinda gives it that "Yes. I have a Droid" look

GreenAcid

Reaction score
also, for anyone that's looking. Their website has Orange, Purple, Blue, Teal and Green available to buy. Just visited it.

vico512

Reaction score
I ordered the teal case from Amazon yesterday, taking advantage of the Prime shipping. I've always carried my phone in a holster, but thought I'd experiment with the Cruzer cover, in my pocket. Not much lost if it doesn't work out or if I want a different color, later. And, the phone is protected in the interim...

x25064

Reaction score
I personally like my teal case, but I guess some could find it a little girly, all preference I suppose. When I get bored I just swap for the diztronic.

That's what's nice about tpu cases, they're so cheap you can buy a few you like and swap them out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
jpin321

jpin321

Reaction score
Just thought i would update. Just got my cruiser. Unfortunately I'm not super happy. It looks really nice btw and fits well with or without the extended battery. But i really think this case is only barely less slick than my phone. The Andy logo is what makes it slick. The other shiny parts are pretty grippy. So looks like i may have to keep shopping. The silicon cases are nice but the don't fit very tight and collect lint. Maybe after i keep this on for a few days it will get a little better.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Seidio innocase and I really didn't like it as much as I did on my OG. It had some rough edges and I was a bit surprised because my OG one lasted 2 years and was in perfect shape. So I've continued to go naked with the Nexus and I can't complain because I love the way it feels. I have insurance so I might as well enjoy the form factor without a case.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Seidio innocase and I really didn't like it as much as I did on my OG. It had some rough edges and I was a bit surprised because my OG one lasted 2 years and was in perfect shape. So I've continued to go naked with the Nexus and I can't complain because I love the way it feels. I have insurance so I might as well enjoy the form factor without a case.

I keep going back to the silicon case I got from Verizon. It's very grippy - a nice black and fits with the extended battery like it was made for it. My only issue with it is that it's a little on the thick side. However the extra padding will help in a fall. You'll also find the cut-outs are perfect every time you put it in.

I know there are cheap cases out there but this one shows it's value.

moot

Reaction score
I keep going back to the silicon case I got from Verizon. It's very grippy - a nice black and fits with the extended battery like it was made for it. My only issue with it is that it's a little on the thick side. However the extra padding will help in a fall. You'll also find the cut-outs are perfect every time you put it in.

I know there are cheap cases out there but this one shows it's value.

Do you have the exact name of the case? I'd like to pick one up, and want to make sure I get the right one.