Which is the best case for the extended battery?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want something very light and unobtrusive. No otterbox cases or anything that is large.

So far I have the Verizon Silicon Case - in Black. It's got high gloss but it's easily gripped and the phone fits in it like a glove. ($24.95)

I just today got the Diztronic TPU case from Amazon for $9.90. It's a nice shade of grey which compliments the color of the phone itself. The back is Matte not Glossy which makes it much more slippery. It does have the area of the volume keys cut out which is nice - the VZ does not. The Black Verizon case seems to look better and the cuts are cleaner. The Diztronic case cut around the camera was uneven.

So far the verdict between the two is the Verizon case although I could live with either one. They weigh virtually the same - but the Verizon case feels like it can handle a drop better. Also you get way more grip from the VZ case.

Both cases fit the extended like a glove.

I'd like to know if there are better cases which are very light, have a good grip, and look nice.

jeffruby

Reaction score
Same boat. Verizon case all the way. Would be nice if cutouts were around volume buttons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im using the incipio 2 piece one (hard shell over the rubber) and it fits fine on the ext. battery.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said the Diztronic isn't bad. However when I have the Diztronic on I get the feeling that if I dropped it there wasn't as much protection as the VZ case had. The Diztronic feels harder than the VZ which is bouncier. There is no easy way to describe it. Also I ordered the Matte because of fingerprints and the Matte is very slippery. I got a case just because the phone is slippery so I don't need a slippery case.

The Diztronic is also hit or miss with the cutouts. The camera cutout is not rounded the same, and the speaker is off also. I read some reviews that said the same on Amazon.

But for the price it was worth getting just out of curiosity. I'm going to give it to my father who has a Galaxy Nexus.

I'd like to know what other cases people use other than these two.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Using the basic black Verizon BlackBerry Silicone case. $14.99.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Manofthehr

Reaction score
im using the incipio 2 piece one (hard shell over the rubber) and it fits fine on the ext. battery.

Same case I'm using with the extended battery and I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife has the same case for her IPhone..

The silicon case is .085 oz, this is 1.4oz so it's definitely bigger and heavier.

Also people on the site say you can get the extended in but it's tight and creates a bulge. Do you have this issue?

You bought the black on black?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
$29.95 for the Surface Extended Battery Seidio.

Doesn't expose the charging buttons. Also looks heavy.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I have this case with the extended battery (no back cover), works fine but at one corner, there is a small gap where the silicone and hard case are not flush. I also have the VZW case / holster set - this is my favoroite one as it gives me the kickstand but the top and bottom ends are left exposed (if that matters).