Nexus or Razr?

twright86

Reaction score
One update is all the Nexus needs to trump everything else.

The people who jumped ship need their phone to work for them now, and couldn't wait for an update...and I get that. My phone isn't so bad to the point where it is unusable for me, and I use it all day for work.

Those who stayed will be rewarded with a spectacularly working phone, sure it may take an update (maybe 2).

In my eyes, Rezound, Razr, Razr Maxx, and the like are just gimmick phones...but of course that's just me. They could have made Droid 4 spectacular, and they didn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One update is all the Nexus needs trump everything else.

The people who jumped ship need their phone to work for them now, and couldn't wait for an update...and I get that. My phone isn't so bad to the point where it is unusable for me, and I use it all day for work.

Those who stayed will be rewarded with a spectacularly working phone, sure it may take an update (maybe 2).

In my eyes, Rezound, Razr, Razr Maxx, and the like are just gimmick phones...but of course that's just me. They could have made Droid 4 spectacular, and they didn't.

Ok, I am sorry but of all the phones out there, the gnex is the only one that can be classified as gimmick. If it did not have ICS, it would not be as popular. Some say the razr thinness was a gimmick, but then how do you explain the popularity of the maxx. These phones are solid from the time you open the box. When you spend $300 you sort of expect that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

twright86

Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry but of all the phones out there, the gnex is the only one that can be classified as gimmick. If it did not have ICS, it would not be as popular. Some say the razr thinness was a gimmick, but then how do you explain the popularity of the maxx. These phones are solid from the time you open the box. When you spend $300 you sort of expect that.

Rezound with Beats Audio= Gimmick, Razr and Razr Maxx with kevlar back and gorilla glass so you feel like a secret agent= gimmick phone.

Galaxy Nexus with pure Android 4.0 and no BS Moto Blur... yeah, not a gimmick phone.

When all those Moto gimmick phones finally get Android 4.0, Galaxy Nexus will probably be getting 5.0...which, those Moto gimmick phones wont get because they left them in the dust for quad core phones.

Enjoy your phone that will be obsolete in 6 months.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
What ever you do, do NOT buy razr. Decide between nexus or maxx. Concerning white phone, a nice tpu case will turn either one of them white and add protection on top. I bought my wife maxx because she uses phone a lot and would have to worry about battery. She is not as tech savy as myself and doesn't care about ics, root, bootloader.

Both will have ics eventually but if she uses a phone a lot, nexus screen kills extended battery in 4-5 hours easy. Maxx having smaller screen and larger battery requires less concerns about conserving power.

And I don't understand all this talk about gimmick. Both phones are designed for particular audience and each one has its own pros and cons. Calling something a gimmick because your phone doesn't have it is silly. Just accept a fact that you don't have it, but you have something else.

Last edited:
OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Gota admit, I read and hear way more negative reviews of the gnex versus the razr, hard decision, ill have to play with both before I can decide.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's because more people decide to purchase nexus(based on sales over time period) then razr and people usually post negative things as they want to find a solution to it. You don't see people coming to forums to boast how great their phone performs because they are busy using it.

Last edited:

rdgxray

Reaction score
Gorilla glass = gimmick? Had charge a short time...scratches on screen...had bionic and razr for months ...no scratches ...it is a useful feature that people care about...not a gimmick imho. Kevlar back more gimmicky but better than saying "cheap plastic back".

twright86

Reaction score
Gota admit, I read and hear way more negative reviews of the gnex versus the razr, hard decision, ill have to play with both before I can decide.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

Galaxy Nexus is for people who like to mess with their phones and like experimenting with ROMs, and aren't afraid to look for ways to work around the flaws in their phone.

Razr Maxx or whatever seems like the best bet for you, GN isn't for everybody.

twright86

Reaction score
Gorilla glass = gimmick? Had charge a short time...scratches on screen...had bionic and razr for months ...no scratches ...it is a useful feature that people care about...not a gimmick imho. Kevlar back more gimmicky but better than saying "cheap plastic back".

The nexus uses something that is "like" Gorilla Glass, but don't use the name because they would have to pay for the rights to use it.

And lol at the cheap plastic back, guess I can't be Spec Ops with my phone, it doesn't have kevlar. Guess I have to switch to the Razr.

Reaction score

the charge has gorilla glass

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The 4.0.4 leaked OTA update with new radios and bootloader have literally made my phone flawless. Anyone with issues with their nexus, I strongly urge you to either manually install the OTA (no root required) or install a stock rooted 4.0.4 ROM alongside the new radios and bootloader.

Reaction score
The 4.0.4 leaked OTA update with new radios and bootloader have literally made my phone flawless. Anyone with issues with their nexus, I strongly urge you to either manually install the OTA (no root required) or install a stock rooted 4.0.4 ROM alongside the new radios and bootloader.

figured it would.

all the morons that returned their GN because of the current minor bugs are going to be kicking themselves after the official OTA update :D

Syraz

Reaction score
Honestly, if its for your wife, she needs to hold the phones, Razr is wide, Gnex is Long, Rezound is little chunky but feels great. I know you didn't mention the rezound but it is a great phone and to be honest I know a lot of girls that seem to like the look of sense and how it runs.
Ultimately give your input to her but let her feel the phones out.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Yo i have an idea, get her what she likes. The end.

Reaction score
Rezound with Beats Audio= Gimmick, Razr and Razr Maxx with kevlar back and gorilla glass so you feel like a secret agent= gimmick phone.

Galaxy Nexus with pure Android 4.0 and no BS Moto Blur... yeah, not a gimmick phone.

When all those Moto gimmick phones finally get Android 4.0, Galaxy Nexus will probably be getting 5.0...which, those Moto gimmick phones wont get because they left them in the dust for quad core phones.

Enjoy your phone that will be obsolete in 6 months.

No-one buys the razr for Kevlar so that "gimmick" doesn't matter. The phone is a beast. As for moto blur, when ics comes to the razr if moto blur its not built in I will stay with gb ..... and I am sure I am not the only one. Blur does not take away from the experience, it makes it better.

5.0? Keep dreaming.