Nexus gets really hot

cturcotte224

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed posts on this, but does anyone else Nexus get really hot when you use it while its plugged in? Mine gets gets noticeably hot at the top of the phone, and the screen gets warm to the touch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed posts on this, but does anyone else Nexus get really hot when you use it while its plugged in? Mine gets gets noticeably hot at the top of the phone, and the screen gets warm to the touch.

Should not get really hot... perhaps warm but not hot... what are you doing when it gets hot like that?

OP
C

cturcotte224

Reaction score
Should not get really hot... perhaps warm but not hot... what are you doing when it gets hot like that?

Just internet browsing, Facebook, nothing too intense. Also my phone is on 3g, no 4g right now

captdroid

Reaction score
Just internet browsing, Facebook, nothing too intense. Also my phone is on 3g, no 4g right now

Does the same thing happen doing those things when the phone is not plugged in?

captdroid

Reaction score
Sometimes, but it is mote noticeably when it is plugged in.

Sounds like maybe the combination of the 3g radio and the battery being charged both of which will produce heat to some degree is making it hot or overly warm... IDK I have not experienced that but I am often on WIFI and hardly ever use the phone while plugged in.

OP
C

cturcotte224

Reaction score
Sometimes, but it is mote noticeably when it is plugged in.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to try wifi and see if its any better.

captdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to try wifi and see if its any better.

Yea try and isolate what is producing so much excessive heat... maybe the battery is no good or the 3g radio is having a problem...

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Mine gets pretty toasty sometimes depending on what I'm doing. Wifi tethering tends to heat it up a bit.

captdroid

Reaction score
Mine gets pretty toasty sometimes depending on what I'm doing. Wifi tethering tends to heat it up a bit.

Now that you mention... come to think of it I noticed the most heat ever when trying WIFI tethering... probably since 3g and WIFI cranking away at once... didn't get hot though but I didn't use it for an extended period of time.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Mine gets warm but not hot when browsing while charging I also have mine set to CDMA only... stock phone...

pool_shark

Reaction score
II have never had a smartphone that didn't get hot while in use.

nubby

Reaction score
Mine gets very warm when talking on it. Near the earpiece. I have seen it posted before.

dbasiliere

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus gets hot in holster

My Galaxy Nexus sometimes gets very hot while not being used. I will say 105 degrees F. I feels quite hot to the hands and cheek in particular. It may have been searching for a WIFI connection but should not get that hot. Anyone have that happen? Dana