Car charger heat

kookk

Reaction score
Does anyone else's nexus get super hot while car charging? Mine is so hot its uncomfortable to the touch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Most all phones get hot off a car charger and when u multitask .. And if it's charging playing music and using Gps it gets super hot lol my tbolt hit 120 degrees today and it felt every bit that hot.. So i wouldnt pay it no mind. It's amazing the things these phones can do and not have any type of cooling system..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is it too hot to handle? (LOL)

But really it is going to get warm/hot because you're charging the battery. It'll be even hotter if you're using GPS or anything like that as you're making the phone work. If possible get a temp monitor of the battery, and it shouldn't go past a certain temp. Off the top of my head I think it was 115F? But again I'm not sure and hopefully someone chimes in and knows the normal battery temp.

steveil

Reaction score
I was using Navigation and charging 2 weeks ago and it got warm but certainly not hot. The one thing I did notice is that it was actually charging my phone (increasing the charge%). With my OG I actually lost charge while doing the same.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
some car chargers charge in usb mode, others charge in AC mode.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
actually, I only use my car charger when I'm on 4g waiting for class to start. I unplugged it today and its seems 4g isbwhats causing phone to get hot.

Is that just a kernel issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums