Nexus 6: First Full Day

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've called my wife a couple of times, and my father once and did searches while having them on speaker. Worked with no problem. As to technically why it works, I have no clue.

You're the first person I've seen who has reported that simultaneous voice and data is working on Verizon with their Nexus 6. I wonder if there's been some sort of very recent update that has enabled VoLTE for Verizon given that they are supposedly about the launch the phone in stores. That's the only way it could possibly work that I can think of given the hardware in the phone.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Update: most recent attempt to search while on the phone failed. Going to have to try it again later to sees if this was an anomaly, or if the earlier attempts that worked were. More later.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Update 2: Battery life........ After just over a week and a half, the battery life has been very good for my normal usage. Not an excellent battery by any means, but will get me through the day at least 90% of the time, and that's all I ask. I take the Nexus off power around 5am and plug in again around 9:30 out 10 at night. Each day except for one I've had any where from 8 - 21% remaining. Needed to charge up one evening after spending 2 hours that day waiting while the car was being serviced. On YouTube and Netflix the whole time.

Most of my usage is internet searches, email, texting, words with friends, and some occasional YouTube or Netflix. Wi-Fi at home LTE everywhere else. So, getting down to it, I'm fine with the battery. Of course, depending on usage, YMMV.

I'm digging the Nexus 6!!!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I sure love my Nexus 6, but I haven't had any success with simultaneous voice/data.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I know this thread is a tad old but...I NOW HAVE A NEXUS 6!!! But on AT&T. So far, I'm loving it and this is from a guy who never owned a Nexus phone before. Haven't had any battery concerns yet and the only thing annoying me is the constant Wi-fi issues where it for some reason loads a blank network page. Usually exiting and reentering Settings fixes that. All-in-all, solid device and I think I'll thoroughly enjoy it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the big 6 family... I'm on AT&T as well... No issues with wifi though...

Tap'd by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a tad old but...I NOW HAVE A NEXUS 6!!! But on AT&T. So far, I'm loving it and this is from a guy who never owned a Nexus phone before. Haven't had any battery concerns yet and the only thing annoying me is the constant Wi-fi issues where it for some reason loads a blank network page. Usually exiting and reentering Settings fixes that. All-in-all, solid device and I think I'll thoroughly enjoy it.
Go to your WiFi settings page, click on the top right hand corner and choose 2.4 GHz, that solved my problem on my Nexus 7.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for my white 64 GB to arrive "unlocked Google version, not the Verizon one", will also use a SIM tool cutter to shrink my micro SIM to a nano SIM. My question is should I do all my app installations and email accounts over wifi, then install the SIM to the phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Although from what I've read not much bloat on the phone from different carriers.. I'd set up phone over wifi.. Then install sim.. I actually unlocked phone and rooted then installed my apps before finally inserting sim..

Tapped by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although from what I've read not much bloat on the phone from different carriers.. I'd set up phone over wifi.. Then install sim.. I actually unlocked phone and rooted then installed my apps before finally inserting sim..

Tapped by Big 6
Is the rooting process the same like I used to do with my S4, I used Odin, installed super user and TWRP to go between ROMS. It's been a while for me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Is the rooting process the same like I used to do with my S4, I used Odin, installed super user and TWRP to go between ROMS. It's been a while for me.

Instead of Odin.. It's adb fastboot commands.. Easy once you have the Android folder set up.. There are also some toolkits on Xda... SuperSu and TWRP are used yes..

Let us know if you need links.. And if doing it I'd unlock and root b4 you load your apps so nice and clean.. Since unlock wipes data..

Tapped by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Instead of Odin.. It's adb fastboot commands.. Easy once you have the Android folder set up.. There are also some toolkits on Xda... SuperSu and TWRP are used yes..

Let us know if you need links.. And if doing it I'd unlock and root b4 you load your apps so nice and clean.. Since unlock wipes data..

Tapped by Big 6
Ok thanks, I used to use SuperSu but like TWRP much better. I will look into it on XDA, I am new with a Nexus device, as this is my first Nexus phone "I am on Verizon"

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ok thanks, I used to use SuperSu but like TWRP much better. I will look into it on XDA, I am new with a Nexus device, as this is my first Nexus phone "I am on Verizon"

No problem let us know if anything..

TWRP is solid.. I think you meant the old recovery.. Clockwork....

SuperSu you will need along side for root privileges

Here's a roll up thread.. It has the guide in OP

Nexus 6 General Sticky Roll-Up Thread Nexus 6 XDA Forums
Nexus 6 General Sticky Roll-Up Thread

Tapped by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already have SU, I know without it you can not root, I have the full version and the same goes for TWRP.
What ever happened to Clockwork.