Nexus 6: First Full Day

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nexus 6 root takes it back to the old droid days, which I like, one you unlock the bootloader and flash twrp, install the SuperSU. Zip file and that is it. You can find it on XDA. Also the same SuperSU file that roots the nexus 6 also root the nexus 5, nexus 7, nexus 9, nexus 10, and nexus player.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Can't wait for my white 64 GB to arrive "unlocked Google version, not the Verizon one", will also use a SIM tool cutter to shrink my micro SIM to a nano SIM. My question is should I do all my app installations and email accounts over wifi, then install the SIM to the phone.
Used Tap & Go to transfer apps and accounts over wifi. Then went to Verizon store and picked up a nano Sim card, called customer service and had them activate it for my S4. Once activated, put it in my Nexus 6, turned it on and haven't looked back since. Still loving it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Used Tap & Go to transfer apps and accounts over wifi. Then went to Verizon store and picked up a nano Sim card, called customer service and had them activate it for my S4. Once activated, put it in my Nexus 6, turned it on and haven't looked back since. Still loving it.
I will use the same SIM that I have now, will shrink it from micro to nano with my SIM cutting tool.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I know this thread is a tad old but...I NOW HAVE A NEXUS 6!!! But on AT&T. So far, I'm loving it and this is from a guy who never owned a Nexus phone before. Haven't had any battery concerns yet and the only thing annoying me is the constant Wi-fi issues where it for some reason loads a blank network page. Usually exiting and reentering Settings fixes that. All-in-all, solid device and I think I'll thoroughly enjoy it.
Congrats on the Nexus 6. This was my first nexus also, though I'm with Verizon, I purchased it from Motorola. Over a month and a half in, it was the prefect choice.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
cimo wave case.jpg
I use a clear Cimo wave case. Mainly because I prefer the feel of TPU and like the minimal form factor. It looks good with the midnight blue. Can be found here on Amazon: Amazon.com Nexus 6 Case Cimo Wave Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case For Google Nexus 6 Motorola Nexus 6 - Clear Cell Phones Accessories

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@bkdodger , which slickwrap?
I had the football leather and loved it but it was thick and as a result I could not find a case that protected it properly. It caused the rubber on my UAG case to tear. I eventually decided to remove it and go naked with a clear rearth fusion shock case.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@bkdodger , which slickwrap?
I had the football leather and loved it but it was thick and as a result I could not find a case that protected it properly. It caused the rubber on my UAG case to tear. I eventually decided to remove it and go naked with a clear rearth fusion shock case.

I went with Silver carbon and one Wood.. Going to install carbon first one.. Should be thin enough as video above

Tapped by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just received my sweet white 64 GB Nexus 6, man this beast is fast and smooth, I loaded all my apps over Wi-Fi no problems, then I installed my Verizon Sim card no problems. When I initially booted up the device it was on 5.0, it updated to 5.0.1 while still on Wi-Fi, then after I installed the Verizon Sim card it says there was an update for 5.1, I accepted and it started the download process, again over Wi-Fi after it finished it said it would reboot "which never happened ”, I manually rebooted and it is still stuck on 5.0.1, when I check for new updates the system tells me I have the most recent which is still 5.0.1, what gives and why did it not update to 5.1, I have the US unlocked version.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm.. Try power off device.. Remove sim.. Wait a few then reinsert and boot up.. Just maybe it got interrupted when you reboot on your own..

Tapped by Big 6

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this is the problem, it's called friggin Verizon, no wonder they took their sweet time to receive the device, I thought the nexus 6 was unlocked and you should have no issues using it with any US carrier, apparently Verizon thinks otherwise, also foxfi does not work either.
Non Verizon device ”really Verizon ”, it's a Nexus.
9b6bbb09fc5b0233d87437c0515688c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey edited for forum.. But don't stress the non Verizon phone is normal bc it's for any phone bought not Verizon.. Each carrier has their own check.. Just like AT&T... Foxfi I believe was stated it didn't work.. I'd go the root way so you can edit build prop..

Tapped by Big 6

Reactions: CJM