Nexus 5 hands on video

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2ksOJl0PDDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ksOJl0PDDg&feature=player_embedded#at=18[/video]​

Check out the hands on video of the Nexus 5.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any chances of Verizon allowing the nexus 5 on their network without the restrictions placed on the galaxy nexus?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Very slick looking device.

As for whether Verizon gets it or not, I wouldn't put money on it. They really screwed up the GN

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seeing is believing. But...KEY LIME PIE?!??!?!?! What the heck? Did earlier leaks go out with that name? :blink:

I also agree it'll be interesting to see how the Verizon version pans out. I'm keeping my expectations really looooooooooowwwwww.

-Matt

Asgard

Reaction score
Seeing is believing. But...KEY LIME PIE?!??!?!?! What the heck? Did earlier leaks go out with that name? :blink:

I also agree it'll be interesting to see how the Verizon version pans out. I'm keeping my expectations really looooooooooowwwwww.

-Matt

I'm keeping my expectations of that at exactly 0% since I'm thinking of getting out of verizon as soon as my contract ends.

But agree in the KLP part and some other stuff, like the camera app and some others seem strange, also I was hoping he would trigger the KLP easter egg to see how would it be.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wish they would have made the buttons on the back like the G2. Looks taller and thinner than the G2 as well.

jamjr74

Reaction score
A nexus on Verizon won't be a real nexus anyway because they will not allow the updates. Needless to say if I love this phone I'll be ditching Verizon for t-mobile.

Galaxy S4!!! now Free

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Any reason to go with T-Mobile instead of Sprint? Aside from 4G coverage that is. Is it cheaper?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Im sorry to say. But the LG G2 looks better then that. If the note 3 ends up not working out for me. Im going for the G2 even if the nexus 5 is available. The 3000MAH battery is what would take the cake.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Spam?

MOD EDIT:
Edited for spam quote. Left your post as to not affect your post count.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
And why couldn't they put a bigger battery in that huge block of a phone?

I don't know if I'm really THAT excited about this phone. Too big, too small of a battery, and not really any features that make it stand out from the rest of the pack (other that the simple fact that it's a nexus).

jamjr74

Reaction score
Any reason to go with T-Mobile instead of Sprint? Aside from 4G coverage that is. Is it cheaper?

Just that Tmobile has better coverage in my area and if im gonna switch carriers I would prefer a gsm carrier.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
And why couldn't they put a bigger battery in that huge block of a phone?

I don't know if I'm really THAT excited about this phone. Too big, too small of a battery, and not really any features that make it stand out from the rest of the pack (other that the simple fact that it's a nexus).

Yup I agree. Smaller battery, weird shaped and prolly smaller screen, lack of very functional rear buttons is a fail in my book. I am over needing vanilla android me thinks. I have come to like some cool features out of the box without being to obtrusive and having the need to add many 3rd party apps to get them. I can always freeze what I don't want.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I went ahead and got the G2. Back buttons, bigger screen, Verizon, bigger battery. I'm guessing the custom ROMs for the G2 will soon be plenty for my flashing addiction. I still have a Nexus 10 for AOSP.