Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Nexus, and Yes, More Galaxy Nexus Goodies!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks to our members who have been keen eyed, we put together a little collaboration of some new Google Galaxy Nexus info.. we we till start off first with the New Galaxy Commericial and than some tutorials:

[video=youtube;CdD8s0jFJYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdD8s0jFJYo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

and:

[video=youtube;oXrgIFMfsaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oXrgIFMfsaQ[/video]

and:

[video=youtube;4XjRE_R9UDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4XjRE_R9UDY[/video]

Thanks to Truss and sbenson!

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yup, getting more and more excited. Thanks for collecting this stuff for us guys :)

captclueless

Reaction score
Awww man! Now they are just messing with us! UK gets the phone, they release how to videos on how to use it.
i want my new phone!!!:icon_evil:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sucks that the Galaxy Nexus has a lower quality screen then the Galaxy S2 and the S2 screen wasn't great by any means. The larger screen will only magnify the lower quality.

not to mention no gorilla glass and no SD card slot either. For this being their flagship device it looks like its missing alot.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love the calling all commercial. That is how a phone commercial should be. Yes the Droid commercials can be cool but they in no way show what the phones are capable of. I think Google nailed it with that commercial.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I love the calling all commercial. That is how a phone commercial should be. Yes the Droid commercials can be cool but they in no way show what the phones are capable of. I think Google nailed it with that commercial.

You mean to say that a commercial showing a device slicing through telephone poles, buildings, etc does not show a device's true capabilities? I am sorry but we will have to agree to disagree...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean to say that a commercial showing a device slicing through telephone poles, buildings, etc does not show a device's true capabilities? I am sorry but we will have to agree to disagree...

haha funny thing is, I bought a RAZR and threw it at a telephone pole and the phone just broke, I am suing for false advertising.......:blink:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
haha funny thing is, I bought a RAZR and threw it at a telephone pole and the phone just broke, I am suing for false advertising.......:blink:

Nice, I thought the kevlar would have saved it oh well.

But on a serious note I agree with your first statement. All too often, basically always, commercials show nothing of the product they are selling. It is nice to see one that does for a change.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes, this commercial is awesome. Engrossing and emotional, plus it resonates with you. Google should whore this on primetime tv.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

From the FAQ on Verizon's website:

Q. My Droid RAZR (tm) does not slice through objects, like rocks, metal poles or even flesh. What can I do to allow this feature?
A. Please make sure your Droid RAZR (tm) is fully charged, the Kevlar backing is facing down or away from the object, and the the bottom of the device is the first to make contact when trying to slice through objects.

dustinslee

Reaction score
From the FAQ on Verizon's website:

Q. My Droid RAZR (tm) does not slice through objects, like rocks, metal poles or even flesh. What can I do to allow this feature?
A. Please make sure your Droid RAZR (tm) is fully charged, the Kevlar backing is facing down or away from the object, and the the bottom of the device is the first to make contact when trying to slice through objects.

That's hilarious lmao!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Synack

Reaction score
sucks that the Galaxy Nexus has a lower quality screen then the Galaxy S2 and the S2 screen wasn't great by any means. The larger screen will only magnify the lower quality.

not to mention no gorilla glass and no SD card slot either. For this being their flagship device it looks like its missing alot.

Yeah because an HD screen with higher pixel density is a lower quality screen. I'll agree with you on the Gorilla Glass but the glass they're using combined with a curved screen will make it just as hard to break as any flat Gorilla screen. Keep in mind, if you drop this flat on its face, it's only going to hit the top and bottom because its curved, meaning a much less likely chance of cracking. Also, itll feel nicer on your faces since most people have rounded faces as opposed to box heads.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

The screens dpi is alot higher then my D1, 265 dpi vs 319. How could they torture us like that? :D Lol, jk. ill be very content with a 319 dpi. better then the razr 256 dpi which is lower then the D1.

Jamar

Reaction score
Might seem silly, but I see that instead of the "Google" logo on the back cover, the device in the videos is showing a "Verizon 4G LTE" logo instead. I'd much rather just have the "Google" logo.