Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Nexus, and Yes, More Galaxy Nexus Goodies!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and white's won't be real bright, they'll have the similar green/gray tint like the Razr...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Not bothering me at all. Some people, I have to say, are honestly getting to the point of asking too much from devices. This is a phone, people. Not a laptop, not a desktop, not a plasma television on the den. Seriously, the amount of nitpicking about this is almost to the level of iPhone discussions.

Here's a rule of thumb. You don't like it? Fine. That's why there are other phones. Pick what you like. It is absolutely not necessary to sit there tearing something apart. Especially if you still haven't even seen the real thing in person. For the love of God, people.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not bothering me at all. Some people, I have to say, are honestly getting to the point of asking too much from devices. This is a phone, people. Not a laptop, not a desktop, not a plasma television on the den. Seriously, the amount of nitpicking about this is almost to the level of iPhone discussions.

Here's a rule of thumb. You don't like it? Fine. That's why there are other phones. Pick what you like. It is absolutely not necessary to sit there tearing something apart. Especially if you still haven't even seen the real thing in person. For the love of God, people.
View attachment 42622 This pitbull matches that comment. :biggrin:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm simply trying to point out potential shortcomings as I believe people's expectations are too high - similar to the Bionic awhile back.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm simply trying to point out potential shortcomings as I believe people's expectations are too high - similar to the Bionic awhile back.

Oh I wasn't pointing that comment specifically at you, more at the overall. The longer it is taking to come out, the more people are finding things to nitpick on a device they haven't seen in person. Let the thing hit the shelves and actually put hands on it and THEN start nitpicking. Pictures, videos, those are all worthless.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

I diagree, I think people knew the Bionic was going to be a pos before it launched. This, not so much. Will it be perfect? No. Most of here are pretty level headed and understand what to expect with this device. To the majority of us that are waiting on this phone and watching these forums closely, our expectations are right in check.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing that matters to me here is that the display is better then the D1. looks better to me, so its an improvement on what i currently have, i wouldnt notice if it could be better because im coming off a 2 year old device.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I diagree, I think people knew the Bionic was going to be a pos before it launched. This, not so much. Will it be perfect? No. Most of here are pretty level headed and understand what to expect with this device. To the majority of us that are waiting on this phone and watching these forums closely, our expectations are right in check.

And I gotta disagree with you here friend :) If people thought the Bionic was gonna be trash, they wouldn't (Including me) have bought it. I love mine, sure it has the glitches, but I have faith the patch will correct these glitches.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't pointing that comment specifically at you, more at the overall. The longer it is taking to come out, the more people are finding things to nitpick on a device they haven't seen in person. Let the thing hit the shelves and actually put hands on it and THEN start nitpicking. Pictures, videos, those are all worthless.

Very true!

I don't know, there was some pretty hefty predictions / expectations for the Bionic, just a lot of angry people about the wait. But you're probably right. I like to think of myself as a realist, but my wife says I can sometimes be a "Debbie-Downer"
:r_c:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that Verizon only released the Bionic to fulfill a contractual obligation to Motorola was angering enough, knowing they had the Razr directly following in the pipeline. Anyway, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I think expectations with the Nexus are right in check. We've had a steady trickle of device details and for the most part, this is the device we were all hoping for, sans the absent sd card.

chewy74

Reaction score
i dont think the g-nex will be the best phone ever...but i do think it will the best phone for me

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think the g-nex will be the best phone ever...but i do think it will the best phone for me

sigh... when will you learn that group-think is the only thing that should determine your personal preferences?

plus, half the threads on this forum wouldn't exist if people didn't try and convince other people why one phone is better than another, regardless of an individual's wants/needs...

dancedroid

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think the fact that Verizon only released the Bionic to fulfill a contractual obligation to Motorola was angering enough, knowing they had the Razr directly following in the pipeline. Anyway, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I think expectations with the Nexus are right in check. We've had a steady trickle of device details and for the most part, this is the device we were all hoping for, sans the absent sd card.

Gotcha.. yea that was sneaky but I still would choose the bionic over the galaxy or razr, again, that's just my preference :)