Newbie question - change font in apps

droidforsale

Reaction score
I just installed UD2.5 on my original droid. Love it.

I just want to know if there is a way to change the font that is used for rendering text in system apps such as gmail. I found the area in Ultimate settings, but that did not change the font that I see in my browser or gmail. The current font with the default theme is too "thin" for my eye to see against the background.

lyam

Reaction score
I just installed UD2.5 on my original droid. Love it.

I just want to know if there is a way to change the font that is used for rendering text in system apps such as gmail. I found the area in Ultimate settings, but that did not change the font that I see in my browser or gmail. The current font with the default theme is too "thin" for my eye to see against the background.

Install the app TypeFresh. It'll change these for you.

OP
D

droidforsale

Reaction score
When I click on the fonts in typefresh it asks me to find the font in using ANDExplorer. Were do I get the android fonts?

Secondly, can I install additional fonts? I want to install a font called hari.ttf (it is a Gujarati language font, from INdia)

lyam

Reaction score
When I click on the fonts in typefresh it asks me to find the font in using ANDExplorer. Were do I get the android fonts?

Secondly, can I install additional fonts? I want to install a font called hari.ttf (it is a Gujarati language font, from INdia)

Yeah, you've got to install andexplorer. First thing you want to do is backup your current fonts. Then download fonts from anywhere. Try dafont.com. Then install using typefresh. You'll find it takes a lot ofexperimentation finding fonts that work well.

Here are the android fonts: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11521113/Android fonts.zip

Split630

Reaction score
When I changed my font, it changed EVERYTHING, including the skin on my Better Keyboard? Not that I'm complaining, I like that it did it. Just saying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lars1

Reaction score
Can't you change the font thru the UD settings?

I'm just askin'

OP
D

droidforsale

Reaction score
Changing the font through the UD Settings does not affect the gmail app or browser for that matter. It changes it for notificatins and other stuff like that.

Tried Type Fresh, but it crashed my phone.

Any other suggestions?