New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Just spoke with a Customer Service "manager". She said that it was first come first serve, that there was no way a bunch of people who ordered after I did should get their phones first. Then she asked me for phone numbers of people who "supposedly" got them first. I told her that people online didn't publish their phone numbers for me to use. She said that they could just be saying that they got them. Then she said that if I could give her phone numbers, then she could investigate and find out why those persons got their orders first. She also told me that it was my choice to order a phone that "I knew was back-ordered when I purchased it". I said yes, that is true, but when I see others getting theirs ahead of me, then I have a problem with that. These people are doing nothing more than reading from a flow-chart full of scripts. She ended by saying "If you don't have it by the 25th, then call us back because you will have a legitimate complaint". The bad thing here is that there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it.

ch

"If you don't have it by the 25th, then call us back because you will have a legitimate complaint".
ch

That doesn't work either because my first ship by date was 8/12. When that came and went, I called back and complained and they said 'sorry we can't do anything'. Once they have your money, they don't care. I even inquired about canceling the order because I was pissed and they told me the only way to cancel was to wait for the phone to arrive (whenever that is) and then reject the delivery so that it gets sent back to Verizon.

ordered mine last week and got it today

already hate motoblur though, might just stick with the incredible. the only thing this thing has on the inc is the size.

Hmmm...not first come first serve. That's ridiculous. I wonder how they decide who gets their phones first?

1. Current customers paying full price.
2. Customers switching from ATT.
3. Other new customers.
4. Comps and discounts.

That's what I would do.

I always assumed that people who switch from another carrier to Verizon get their phones first, because it represents a new revenue stream.

Yeah, you're probably right. People switching get priority.

Yeah, you're probably right. People switching get priority.

I would not handle those people first. In simplistic terms it sounds like a good model but you alienate your own customer base, especially full payers, which is a guaranteed stream of revenue. New revenue should always be second.

They probably figure we (longtime Verizon customers) wouldn't go through the hassle of quitting. I was just talking to someone who switched from ATT. He ordered his DX 8/13 and got the shipping notification today.

I ordered in store on the 7th in Texas. Called CS today and heard the usual "25th". She also said that everyone would receive an email. Yeah right! =( I keep watching for the truck hoping that he will stop at my house but I am not getting my hopes up.

I quit. Seriously. I am not checking status, I am not calling...nothing.

Same story every day....will ship by the 25h. When I said others who ordered 8-9-10 and even 11th are getting theirs, she said IMPOSSIBLE. It cannot happen. I said OK and goodbye.

It will get here when it gets here...with my luck it will ship the 25th and I'll have the phone on the 27th...that will be 17 days after I ordered it and 17 days of Verizon having my $150!!!!!

I quit. Seriously. I am not checking status, I am not calling...nothing.

Yeah, I quit yesterday. It's clear the Verizon people have absolutely no idea when the phone will ship so it's a waste of time trying.

Ridiculous. Absolutely Ridiculous. I can't believe I ordered 8-9 and still haven't heard hell or high water. To those who ordered after mine and got a notification or actually received their cell phones, congratulations. I'm glad Verizon is taking care of some customers. To the rest of us, I suppose the only thing we can do is bend over and take it. If you leave a post on here, it might be nice to see the day you ordered, the day you received notification (if any), and the day you actually receive the phone along with your general location and information about your customer status (i.e. switching, new customer, old customer paying full price, old customer paying discount). I'll submit my information below and update it when I get more info.

ORDERED: 8-9-10
NOTIFICATION: N/A
RECEIVED: N/A

ordered: 8-9-10
notification: N/a

received: N/a

ordered: 8-7-10
notification: N/a

received: N/a

Back