Shipping woes, arrghhh...!!!

Chumley

Reaction score
I have an employee discount on my monthly bill and under that plan they will not offer overnight. They wouldn't upgrade it to me so I'm stuck until Monday.

Did you offer to pay the difference?
Yeah but it was too late. The order hadn't shipped but it had been processed and they couldn't make any changes. Oh well, Maybe I'll get lucky and they will deliver it early, if not I'll watch these boards and see what problems to look out for.

dbigdawg

Reaction score
I have an employee discount on my monthly bill and under that plan they will not offer overnight. They wouldn't upgrade it to me so I'm stuck until Monday.

Did you offer to pay the difference?
Yeah but it was too late. The order hadn't shipped but it had been processed and they couldn't make any changes. Oh well, Maybe I'll get lucky and they will deliver it early, if not I'll watch these boards and see what problems to look out for.

The logistics are all automated once your delivery is assigned to a warehouse, so the call center cannot change anything. In reality, you missed the shipping options on your order. Had you selected the shipping options drop down you would have been offered overnight shopping for free. Sorry man but Monday sounds like your only option.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
No the VZW chat person messed up. They were supposed to give you a promo code (freeovernght) or something like that to enter in the check out screen. Once you add the code, there will be a little line underneath that states you will get free overnight.

If you don't input the code, then you will get standard 2-day fed ex shipping no matter what. My VZW rep stated that the free overnight promo code was only good for today for any droid x orders...

dbigdawg

Reaction score
No the VZW chat person messed up. They were supposed to give you a promo code (freeovernght) or something like that to enter in the check out screen. Once you add the code, there will be a little line underneath that states you will get free overnight.

If you don't input the code, then you will get standard 2-day fed ex shipping no matter what. My VZW rep stated that the free overnight promo code was only good for today for any droid x orders...

Weird, the home page days free overnight shipping when you buy online and my order went through with no promo code.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Yea but if you click on the free overnight banner thingy, it will say in the fine print that some people may have to input the promo code to get it. Dumb i know since they dont even tell you what "some people" mean.

Anyway, for anyone else thinking about ordering online today, just make sure to cover your bases and input the code anyway to play it safe.

matty76

Reaction score
I don't think he missed it... it wasn't an option to switch to overnight, it was only free 2-day FedEx, when I checked out and I have the work discount thing too.

I was getting worried since I'm still stuck in pending and my buddy who ordered one a half hour after me last night got his shipping confirmation email.

I called and was told that mine is processed, paid for and waiting to go on a truck, no inventory issues. I asked about the 2 day and she said it was what was attached to my upgrade whatever that means.

She said depending on the delivery times for FedEx in my area, there is a chance it will arrive by 7pm on Friday, or it could come Saturday if they have service, but worse case would be Monday.

No biggie... I waited this long and I'm off all next week so I'll have lots of time to mess around with this thing.

I just want to know it's officially on a truck...

baniels

Reaction score
When I ordered my X on the phone this morning, the rep told me that someone would have to be available to sign for the delivery. She suggested I have it sent to my office. I agreed.

She took down the business name and address. When I got my shipping confirmation email shortly after that, it had the company name on it, but not the address. Shipped it to my home address.

I called and they submitted the address change to FedEx, but I have my doubts about it actually working. I might be tying my wife to the porch before I leave for work tomorrow just in case.

UPDATE: Just chatted with FedEx. The address change went through.

Last edited:
OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score
Update, I called an 866 number and talked to someone with intelligence, who had some stroke.....long story short, she canxed the previous order and its on its way, overnight, to my house tomorrow.

This rep totally rocked. Chumley, did you get yours straightened. I too had the 20% off corporate discount and that caused the problem with shipping, but this rep was the first to explain this out of 7 previous ones I talked to today.

:icon_ banana:

DROIDDDDDD

Reaction score
First off, I know its only a phone and people have much bigger problems, but I am still kind of pissed about my shipping order.

I am a new Verizon customer and ordered 2 Droid X's at midnight, the front page of the verizon site has FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING ON EVERY ONLINE ORDER in huge red print. My shipping options were free 2 day or 8.99 for Overnight. Before I clicked submit on my order, I had an online chat with a Verizon rep who said, "Just use the free 2 day option, all orders are being shipped overnight." No mention of codes, no other possible problems (corporate code, other coupons, etc)

Today I got my shipping confirmation, its coming Monday :( I called and the first Verizon rep was truly clueless. She said I could maybe go pick it up at Fedex over the weekend (what!), and preceded to tell me other straight lies (they sold over 6 million Droid X's already, the original Droid sold more than the Iphone, they were sold out online and at all the stores. I called back and another rep conformed stock in 2 stores near me (not much, 1 store had 2 and the other had 4), and conformed that they had stock online.

In conclusion, Verizon if your listening, you got a customer to switch carriers because they were excited about a phone. You advertised free overnight shipping, your rep lied to me last night before I ordered, your rep lied to me today, and you started our new 'relationship' out pretty badly. If this was our first date, Ms. Verizon, I would not be going on another date with you.

JFDroid

Reaction score
First off, I know its only a phone and people have much bigger problems, but I am still kind of pissed about my shipping order.

I am a new Verizon customer and ordered 2 Droid X's at midnight, the front page of the verizon site has FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING ON EVERY ONLINE ORDER in huge red print. My shipping options were free 2 day or 8.99 for Overnight. Before I clicked submit on my order, I had an online chat with a Verizon rep who said, "Just use the free 2 day option, all orders are being shipped overnight." No mention of codes, no other possible problems (corporate code, other coupons, etc)

Today I got my shipping confirmation, its coming Monday :( I called and the first Verizon rep was truly clueless. She said I could maybe go pick it up at Fedex over the weekend (what!), and preceded to tell me other straight lies (they sold over 6 million Droid X's already, the original Droid sold more than the Iphone, they were sold out online and at all the stores. I called back and another rep conformed stock in 2 stores near me (not much, 1 store had 2 and the other had 4), and conformed that they had stock online.

In conclusion, Verizon if your listening, you got a customer to switch carriers because they were excited about a phone. You advertised free overnight shipping, your rep lied to me last night before I ordered, your rep lied to me today, and you started our new 'relationship' out pretty badly. If this was our first date, Ms. Verizon, I would not be going on another date with you.

I learned this lesson the hard way with Verizon when I got my first Droid back in November. I had the same issue. Overnight option wasn't free on the webpage, so I selected the free 2-day shipping.

Going forward, any time you are not sure which option to pick, always shell out the extra $ for what you really want. It's MUCH easier to get a credit via VZW customer care (call in and tell them what happened) after the fact than it is to change something in the here and now, such as how fast an order is going to ship.

OP
jetdoc

jetdoc

Reaction score

I agree, its not life or death, but its still BS. I posted on my nightmare with the order and I agree, I said the same with with the free shipping and the rep agreed.

Luckily I found someone who knew what they were doing and mine will be here tomorrow.