Is there another way?

JFDroid

Reaction score
I ordered online last night around 11:15PM EST, before many people were able to see the X on the website. I got shipping notification very quickly, and my package shows on the FedEx website as arrived in my local facility with an estimated delivery date of 7/16 (tomorrow) before 3PM. It seems they'll be holding it overnight for delivery tomorrow.

Help me with this - does anyone think I could do this?: I'm wondering if I could call FedEx, give them my ref. #/tracking #, and request that they let me travel to their warehouse and pick it up tonight? I've done this before on other stuff, but only when I missed the guy and he left a note for me to sign. I didn't wanna wait an extra day so I took the note he left, called FedEx, and they had the package waiting for me when I arrived at the facility an hour later.

Does this seem like something that could be done - and is anyone thinking of trying it? I'm pretty impatient on phone launch days. I'm the guy who would stand outside at 4am for 4-5+ hours until the store opens just to be first in line, but because I'm on an employee account, I am forced to order online. I've been crying on these forums about it lately like a whiny, crying little b****, and that's ok, but I think I might try this route and see if I get anywhere.

I posted this thread so others might think to try it! Check your tracking #'s. Mine shipped from Memphis, TN by the way.

BRB calling FedEx. dancedroid

cloutier

Reaction score
in my many years of dealing with shipping from ups and fedex, only ups will allow you to pick something up at their warehouse / dispatch. fedex refuses to do it.

OP
J

JFDroid

Reaction score
in my many years of dealing with shipping from ups and fedex, only ups will allow you to pick something up at their warehouse / dispatch. fedex refuses to do it.

You sparked my memory. I'm remembering now that it was the UPS facility, which is ironically located in the same city as the FedEx place I was thinking of.

Sadness.