VZN screwed up my droid X order and now I must wait- a story of highs and lows

blkackteg

Reaction score
So on launch day (7/15) I happened to call vzn to update my address. As I was about to hang up I was asked if there was anything else the rep could do for me. Being only seven months into a two-year contract (with a droid) I was not planning on paying retail to upgrade phones yet, but I asked anyway. I was told I could have it for $199 after mail-in rebate. SWEET! I was told that the rep would call back on 7/18 to confirm the order.

Well, I just miss the 7/18 call so not ten minutes later I call 611 (as the voice mail told me to) and give the rep the story. Rep says he can't connect me to the rep I had been dealing with but that he could place the order on the same terms. OK, done deal. Was told to expect it to ship on 7/23.

On 7/24 I call vzn to check on the status of the order and was told it was delivered that morning. SWEET! Since my building's receiving dept. was closed for the weekend at that point, I sat until Monday thinking about how I could break into the package area (or maybe saying my needed medicine was in there). But I stayed patient. I go down first thing Monday and was told there was no delivery- I'm thinking someone jacked my droid x!

I call vzn and am told the following: (1) the 7/15 order was never completed because I missed the call; (2) they HAD NO RECORD OF MY 7/18 ORDER; (3) the guy that told me it was delivered was probably referring to another shipment; and (4) the only thing they could do was place a new order, which MIGHT ship on 8/4. WTF.

So as I sit here, I should be livin la vida droid X, instead I'm nursing my expectation withdrawal pangs.

BOOO VZN. Shame on you.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You really need to blame yourself for not following up when you did not receive a confirmation email....Think about it.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Situations like this is why I rarely get any new hardware of any kind on launch dates. Yes, I got my Droid on launch, but I got it without issue because many people didn't realize how great it was at that time. I didn't have to wait actually, I got my Droid at the VZW store. I walked in, said Droid please and got it.

People have gotten to the "OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!" mentality. This is the exact reason many people are waiting. When I finally do upgrade (Probably Droid 2, if the bootloader gets unlocked) I will do it when I can either walk in and get one or have it shipped immediately. I'm sorry for your woes, but sometimes waiting for something ends up being the less stressful road to travel.

The moral of the story: Patience is a virtue.

OP
B

blkackteg

Reaction score
My main ***** is not in the waiting as a concept- if, when first ordered, they told me it was going to be 8/4 I'd have been fine. Its just that, on the representations of the reps, I spent the weekend thinking my X was sitting downstairs waiting for me; only to have the wind taken out of my sails in abrupt fashion yesterday.

jdfairchild

Reaction score
I feel your pain blkackteg, I have a similar story...

First, I was told by a local VZW sales rep that I would qualify for an early upgrade and be able to order the phone on 7/15 for $199 after rebate. 7/15 came, I was online at midnight ready to place the order... No early upgrade options available.

The morning of 7/15: I call the sales rep that had told me I was eligible for the early upgrade to inform them that I was not able to order the phone online at the $199 price. They tell me that they will order it for me, they just have to get it approved by their manager who was out of the office at time. Well the manager didn't return until around 3:00pm on the 15th, so when they put the order through I was told it wouldn't ship until the 23rd... I thought ok fine, I can wait a week, not too bad..

I hear of people getting orders early, so I stay in contact almost daily to see if any progress has been made . . . there was nothing.

The 23rd passes, still nothing. Come to find out the order wasn't charged to my account correctly, so it was sitting there pending payment for over a week. It took 2 days to get that all straightened out, as the system wouldn't let me even pay with a credit card.

Now i wait, and they tell me it SHOULD ship by August 2nd. It's been one hell of a waiting game, I feel like i'll never get this phone, but somehow I remain hopeful.

bje1982

Reaction score
So on launch day (7/15) I happened to call vzn to update my address. As I was about to hang up I was asked if there was anything else the rep could do for me. Being only seven months into a two-year contract (with a droid) I was not planning on paying retail to upgrade phones yet, but I asked anyway. I was told I could have it for $199 after mail-in rebate. SWEET! I was told that the rep would call back on 7/18 to confirm the order.

Well, I just miss the 7/18 call so not ten minutes later I call 611 (as the voice mail told me to) and give the rep the story. Rep says he can't connect me to the rep I had been dealing with but that he could place the order on the same terms. OK, done deal. Was told to expect it to ship on 7/23.

On 7/24 I call vzn to check on the status of the order and was told it was delivered that morning. SWEET! Since my building's receiving dept. was closed for the weekend at that point, I sat until Monday thinking about how I could break into the package area (or maybe saying my needed medicine was in there). But I stayed patient. I go down first thing Monday and was told there was no delivery- I'm thinking someone jacked my droid x!

I call vzn and am told the following: (1) the 7/15 order was never completed because I missed the call; (2) they HAD NO RECORD OF MY 7/18 ORDER; (3) the guy that told me it was delivered was probably referring to another shipment; and (4) the only thing they could do was place a new order, which MIGHT ship on 8/4. WTF.

So as I sit here, I should be livin la vida droid X, instead I'm nursing my expectation withdrawal pangs.

BOOO VZN. Shame on you.

I would just be happy that I even got an upgrade when I wasnt supposed to and on top of that at the regular 2 year pricing.. Who cares when you get it, your getting it when alot of people in your situation cannot.

OP
B

blkackteg

Reaction score
To update the story: got a hold of executive customer service and was told the Guy on 18th didn't submit the order, as in failed to hit the enter button....

I never asked anything of vzn but they gave me free service for the 10 days between when I should have had the phone an when I'm supposed to receive it. So, thanks for doing right vzn.

K

kkwan77

When you receive it, it'll be a glorious day.

Keep your head up.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I feel your pain blkackteg, I have a similar story...

The 23rd passes, still nothing. Come to find out the order wasn't charged to my account correctly, so it was sitting there pending payment for over a week. It took 2 days to get that all straightened out, as the system wouldn't let me even pay with a credit card.

Now i wait, and they tell me it SHOULD ship by August 2nd. It's been one hell of a waiting game, I feel like i'll never get this phone, but somehow I remain hopeful.

They pulled this crap with me on my replacement order... the order got two days behind because it was sitting in limbo waiting on payment since they now apparently will not send replacements without charging you first, and payment had already been set up! And even though I was calling daily, every rep missed the problem. finally talked with someone who knew what they were doing. Should have mine tomorrow... after being told for a week it should ship this day or that day until finally another rep said, "oh that's on border, they didn't tell you that? " umm, no... they failed to mention and instead said it was scheduled to ship at least 4 different days.....