X inventory must be good...

CdOtCaRtEr770

Reaction score
I finally got my notification today. Ordered aug 3rd and being shipped to ATL. Will receive on Tues per FedEx website.... It's about time darn it. I was getting mad that everyone was getting theres before me that ordered after me.....

Super V Rossi

Reaction score
I was inclined to believe you after ordering mine on Saturday 7/24 around 11:30AM EST (Boston), and not getting any shipping details since then, BUT, I just got a tracking number!! Its coming monday 8/2. I think New England is more backed up than CA from what I am seeing in these forums. Your thoughts??

It seems like that could be the case. I live in New Hampshire and ordered on the 24th as well, received my shipping notification this morning. dancedroid

BogoMips

Reaction score
I finally got my notification today. Ordered aug 3rd and being shipped to ATL. Will receive on Tues per FedEx website.... It's about time darn it. I was getting mad that everyone was getting theres before me that ordered after me.....

You ordered it on August 3rd? With your time machine?

CdOtCaRtEr770

Reaction score

You ordered it on August 3rd? With your time machine?

ooopppsss ordered on the 23rd of July / my fault

IDGBZ71

Reaction score
I ordered on the the 28 they had told me 2 days, called back today for update since I didn't receive tracking #, now by the 3rd they said.

RedSoxGeek

Reaction score
I was told the samething...

Just to let you guys know, I've called now 3 times. Spoke to a super yesternight (that's my son's word) anyway, he basically called you guys liars. Yup, told me not to believe what I read online, they are NOT shipping and getting delivered early...ever. If you were told shipped by xx, that's what it is. In fact he blamed motorola for the problem, saying they just have not been able to keep up with demand and never expected such a demand. Yeah, right.

Anyway, at least he did offer me something I never thought of, if my TP2 dies prior to getting my X, (which is my fear) I can RE-enable my old blackberry. Great idea, simple, yet I never thought of it.

I was told the same thing by every rep/sup I talked to... They have to tell you this, they don't have a choice. When I confornted a sup saying exactly what you said about the forums he said that he reads them to but he cannot confirm anything. I ordered mine on 7/23 and got mine yesterday. One thing one of the reps told me was they get them in and they go right out the door, to end users, stores, vendors, ect. If you look on Amazon today is states usually ships in 24 hours and two days ago it said 4 to 6 weeks...

abean

Reaction score
For what it's worth ... I had to file a lost phone claim on my X. I did this on Tuesday the 27th at 10PM EST ... I had a new phone by 11AM EST the following day (28th). This was through that third party company that does the insurance (Asurion). They originally stated it was back ordered and would take 3-7 days, but crazy enough it took around 13 hours!

georgepink

Reaction score
Happened to be in Walmart today and for kicks asked if they had any. She said "Oh, sure, got one left" and pulled it out. Ran (well walked fast) to tell my wife, "Ya, know they've actually got one here....I'd lose out the extra $50 from BJ's, but I'd have it today." She said, "get it". Told the lady to wrap it up, and when I gave her my cell # she said, "you're not eligible". I'm guessing I would have to cancel my order first, then go back (praying it is still there) and then I'd be eligible?

I'm just going to leave it alone and wait. I guess the anticipation is kinda fun....yeah, just kinda....I'd rather have it in hand (but not for full retail)

rsg1968

Reaction score
My daughter ordered hers through a customer service rep on the 26th and received her droid x before noon today. I guess she got really lucky!

padawan0620

Reaction score
I just checked the verizon website and now they have pushed it back to 8/18.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Ordered mine at around 5pm yesterday and received a shipping notice about two hours ago! I'm soooo pumped!

srnewby

Reaction score
I just saw the 8/18 ship date on the vzw site as well. Based on what I was told in a corporate store earlier this week, i am guessing they are starting to ship some units to their stores again and not sending all production to backorders/web ordering. Just a guess since the ship date on the web site has moved from 8/3 to 8/18 in two days.

padawan0620

Reaction score
I know that doesn't definitely mean we won't get them until at least the 18th based on other posts, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I ordered mine on 7/28.

smsommers84

Reaction score
Ordered my DX at the corporate store on 7/25 and told it would ship on 8/4. Funny thing was on 7/29 fed Ex driver was standing there with the box containing my DX. It truly is Christmas in July!!!!!