FedEx LOST my DroidX

zamslam

Reaction score
I bought my DroidX on July 26th at a Verizon store here in Albuquerque, it shipped on the 29th via FedEx 2nd Day Air and should have been here Monday, August 2nd. It didn't show up and didn't show up on Tuesday either. (I took two days off from work in order to sit on my ass at home to sign for it.) I called FedEx several times and they claimed that they would "have a representative get back to me". Of course, I never heard from anyone. I finally called today (Wednesday, August 4th) and after close to an hour on the phone, most of it on hold, they said that it was permanently "lost." I suspect that some FedEx employee saw that it was a package from Verizon, suspected it might be a DroidX and simple stole it.

I'm on the phone with Verizon right now and they said the earliest they could ship out another one is August 19th! AND they charged me for another phone and told me that the claim on the phone that never showed up is between me and FedEx. I'm going to have to deal with the idiots at FedEx to get my money back on the first phone. I am monumentally PISSED! It will be almost a month after I paid for it (twice) to get it in my hands.

Has anyone else here had FedEx "lose" their DroidX?

That must be very frustrating, my condolences.

humbug75

Reaction score
So I purchased my Droid X online through the Verizon Store on Aug 17th and it was shipped on Friday, Aug 27 from Memphis TN. It arrived in Houston, TX sort facility on Aug 28th and never moved. I've spent two days on the phone with both Verizon and Federal Express. FedEx has finally decided that they can't find the phone... Verizon is sending me a new phone... but the kicker is that I now have to wait until the 14th of September for it to ship. Of coarse I went through the same ordeal with FedEx reps saying they would call me back with no response... It took me calling several times to get any answers... Bottom line. My phone was stolen (I'm sure of it) while being shipped and I won't see it for another two weeks or more. Unbelievable.

Black00StangGT

Reaction score
How can it possibly be lost? The phone is in their custody until it is delivered so there is only one possibility.....it was stolen by an employee because no one signed for it.

While I have no actual proof, I firmly believe it was a FedEx employee at the Memphis Sorting Facility that stole my phone.

Wow I cant believe you said that my phone has been sitting in the Memphis facility for 2 days now i am sure my phone will magically dissapear like others, Im really starting to get fed up with the terrible service from FedEx nothing but problems with them.

deek

Reaction score
If I recall, I had it setup for myself where I didn't change my plan until the Phone arrived. I was on a plan that did not exist anymore, but I was grandfathered in and any upgardes would force me to change my plan. The Droid X required me to change my plan. So, I set it up where I would not have to change it until I activated my phone. I ordered the phone, while being backordered at the time, and expected it to arrive in about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. It came a week ahead of time. Luckily, Verizon sent me an e-mail saying it had been shipped. I also had a tracking #.. They were pretty quick. I went home for lunch the day I was expecting it... And I happened to time it right and the FedEx guy showed up at the time I was home.

Now, if you never got your phone.... The tracking # should show that it is not delivered. Therefore, you should not have to pay for anything. I find it hard that the customer would be left liable in this situation. FedEx messed up and should cough up the change for their mistake. Maybe you will have to look into it more in-depth. The other option is to force them to find the phone and return that one once it is found. Who knows, but many possibilities.

humbug75

Reaction score
Verizon isn't making me repay for the lost phone... They are just making me wait (9/14/10 is new ship date). FedEx has taken responsibility for losing the package (which took 2 days and many hours on hold). They gave me a claim number that I inturn gave to Verizon and they reissued the order for a phone.

I'm also not paying for the increased contract until I activate a new phone.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you activate your phone that's when it advises you that you are agreeing to a 2 year extension on your contract. It doesn't happen until then.

Amoryl

Reaction score
I didn't have any problem getting my phone, beyond it sitting in Oakland for the weekend, then all of monday before being put on the delivery van (when we say it'll arrive the 31'st we MEAN the 31'st...even if we've gotta leave it sitting on a shelf all day so it won't be delivered on the 30'th) but fed ex was a pain with my gf's incredible. verizon overnighted it, we were both home the entire day waiting for it. only to check the mail and find an "attempted to deliver" slip in the mailbox...never even rang the doorbell right next to the box. just came up, dropped the slip in the box, and left. then he did the exact same thing the next day. I had to go to the fed ex office twice, once to put a hold on the package so the dimwit delivery guy wouldn't not make any attempt to take it off his truck again, and a second time to pick up the phone that he made no attempt whatsoever to deliver...twice...

still it's better than UPS who has managed to destroy every package I've had the misfortune of shipping through them...