Has anyone lost thier Droid through a FedEx drop box?

RickLaw

Reaction score
If anyone has had their Droid phone disappear after they placed it in a FedEx drop box please let me know. I am involved in an ongoing case concerning a Droid phone that was never entered into FedEx's database after being put into a street level FedEx box. If you are being charged for a phone by Verizon (or other service provider) that was 'lost' or missing after being returned by you please contact me at [email protected] or post to this forum your experience.

Aside from correcting the $600 charges on my Verizon bill I believe that Verizon and or FedEx needs to stop using these boxes for anything important, costly or irreplaceable. Neither Verizon or FedEx has accepted any responsibility for this so far. To put it another way, if you drop your phone in a FedEx box after receiving a replacement and it gets lost in transit you will be charged the cost of the phone. Even though it was Verizon who is the "sender" and you simply followed their instructions. There are no warnings or caveats of any kind as to using the drop box method. By Verizon or FedEx. Further, be advised that the insurance on the return for a Droid is placed at $100 (stated right on the air bill). This is decided by Verizon when they generate the return mailer! Verizon will try and charge you $600, though, if they don't receive it. Guess that means that if FedEx looses the phone it's $100 and if you 'loose' the phone it's $600. I wonder how that will play in small claims court? I will update again if there are further developments either way.

Thank you.

RickLaw

mcapozzi

Reaction score
A good policy to follow is to ALWAYS bring the package to a FedEx store, that way you can get a receipt so it no longer becomes a "your word versus their word" situation.

-Mike